Summer?

<p>Earlier today I went and talked to my guidance counselor about my class rank for my scholarship application and we got to talking about Alabama and my chances of getting in. He is a graduate of Alabama so I also asked for a recommendation. But he brought up the topic of starting in the summer if I don’t get in for the fall term.
Can freshmen start classes in the summer at university of Alabama ?
I also heard of some colleges offering a deferred admission where I take a class in the summer at a community college and if I pass then I am in. Do you know anything about this?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am really nervous because my GPA is not the best.</p>

<p>Sent from my MB860 using CC App</p>

<p>I think you’ll be fine. </p>

<p>FYI…Bama does sometimes admit students and puts them on Academic Probation…which often includes that they have to attend some weekly study sessions and perhaps go to tutoring (which is free). </p>

<p>There was a Conn kid that posted last year whose stats were lower than yours. He applied in Dec, was admitted in the Spring, but has to fulfill the above req’ts and have a certain GPA to stay. </p>

<p>I really think you’re going to be ok…but did you have your new school send anything yet? I think your first quarter is ending soon, right? </p>

<p>Also, did you contact your area rep?</p>

<p>Thank you! You really are a great help. And yes, everything has been received as of today, so now the real waiting game begins. My first quarter is already over and my first quarter grades were on the transcripts that Bama received. 2 B’s that are both 89’s and 5 high A’s.
I will be happy if I get in either way. And I have realized that I am only nervous because I am so stressed with a lot of senior related things.</p>