SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My DD has been accepted to Arizona, Stony Brook, Buffalo, Geneseo, New Paltz. Only other EA was Bing which we are still waiting.

Plus the way too many DD applied to for RD. :grinning:

2 Likes

I think it’s pre education

For those who were deferred will it be a specific date for notification or will it be in waves/phases.

1 Like

Deferred to Regular Decision. Communication reads something along the lines of “you will have a decision no later than April 1” - Was admitted to Buffalo EA. Still waiting on all other EA apps. Congrats to those that were admitted EA!!!

1 Like

letter said will know by April 1

I believe it says a rolling admission with decision no later than 1 April.

Daughter was denied to School of Management last night and asked if she wanted to be considered for Harper.
In-State
4.0/4.3
1400 SAT
Three sport multi-year Captain Varsity Athlete
President of Student Council
11 AP’s
Admitted to honors Albany, honors Stony Brook, University of Indiana-Kelley School of Business and Honors Program

Ridiculous! Sounds like your daughter is the perfect candidate. Annoying how other states like Georgia and NC take care of instate first. Not NY!

3 Likes

I don’t think they have that a Bing. The SUNY system is funny, only certain universities have majors you would think they all would. At Albany, you can minor in education, but they only have secondary education as a major.

The free application week really messed it up especially since it was during the EA window. Maybe SUNYs were looking for a way to lower their acceptance rates, who knows??!! In any case I bet a bunch of people applied for the heck of it with no intentions of actually going. Messed it up for many highly qualified applicants. Yet OOS kids being accepted with lower stats.

2 Likes

Same here and similar stats.

The “status: complete” and disappeared for me and my test score page is blank. does that mean it might be today?

2 Likes

It does!!!

Were you accepted to UMass-Amherst? We still have not heard back for EA and I am just wondering… thanks

Yes she was accepted-She found out I think in the beginning of December. She got merit $14,000/year (We live in NY)

2 Likes

That’s great! Congratulations! I am in upstate NY and still have not heard.

Seems like UMass is planning to release a wave tomorrow (from the UMass board and their instagram post) - still waiting on them as well.

1 Like

I just saw that! Finally… and hopefully we are part of that release! :slight_smile:

DD got her acceptance into Harpur tonight.

4 Likes

Accepted to Harpur CAS stats and situation listed above.

3 Likes