SUNY Binghamton Class of 2022

why do people choose ing over say umass amherst w its consortium? or stonybrook

^A New Yorker might want the in-state tuition benefit of a SUNY (vs. another state’s flagship).

Binghamton is more of a residential college whereas Stony Brook has a lot of commuters. You can walk across Binghamton’s campus whereas Stony Brook has buses. Bing offers more of the classic college campus experience, if you want that. It depends what you like.

Stony Brook is a great university, with cutting edge research in the sciences, but for many Long Islanders I know, Stony Brook is ruled out as too close to home, plus the reasons above.

ahh thank you @TheGreyKing … what abt a umass amherst or Uconn

@comom25 UMass and Uconn are public state universities so are a logical option for residents of these states. Much like Bing and Stony Brook are logical options for NY residents. In-state tuition makes a difference.
Which public institutions (besides the flagship in your own state) to apply to is really a personal exercise. There’s so many factors to consider… Academic rigour, admission chances for Out-of-staters, location, weather, certain academic specialties, etc. It’s a highly personalized decision/elimination process… There’s a lot of very good public universities.
Personally we didn’t go with Uconn because of high OoS tuition and lots of intro courses given by grad students. Neither school had a strong reputation in the field S is interested in.

Anyone expecting to get EA decisions this week?

dec 15 is what i hear as well…

They just emailed me to check my status five minutes ago! Accepted to Harpur from in state. :slight_smile:
(I posted this above, but for ref, I’m 4.0 UW/35 ACT/valedictorian from NYC)

I’m in state and just got accepted EA!

Accepted to Binghamton instate!!

What were your stats?!?!?!

My S got accepted too (Harpur)
:slight_smile: in state as well.

Congratulations! Must have felt relieving to get decisions back so quickly. May i ask what your stats were @robinparish and @kb123? For @writergirl0316, I guess you’re lucky that you won’t have to face the gruelling waiting period anymore like the rest of us lol. I probably have awhile to wait since my stats are average at best.

Accepted into Watson Engineering in-State!

Congrats to those that got accepted! Can you share your stats and residency for us desperados still waiting for news… :slight_smile:

I was accepted to Harpur in state
35 ACT and a 4.0 UW (I think; my schools grades in percentages, so it’s about 96 UW)

Watson (Engineering) In-State
96 UWGPA
100 WGPA
1510 SAT
10 APs by graduation

Does anyone know if Bing will continue releasing decisions tonight? Thanks!

If I would have to make a guess I think no @space909090. They’re doing like they did the day before Thanksgiving. Releasing a bunch of high scoring kids in one batch. Seems like their strategy is to work their way down till they have filled the number of spots they want to fill during the EA round. When that’s over the deferrals might go out.

Now the wait for the Scholars Program begins. :wink:

Thanks, @WilliamNYC. I hope more come out tonight! Are you sure they release the most qualified kids first?