SUNY Binghamton Class of 2023

After an agonizing wait, DD finally got accepted to SOM tonight. Overjoyed!!!
ACT 35, GPA 3.7, private school, AP Scholar with Honor Award, 2 summers internship, 1 summer international volunteer work, strong EC, varsity basketball and track for four years

Math 2, 790, Chem 750

@notstuy My son has received three envelopes. 1) Admission letter (in big green envelope)with scholarship offer in the letter. 2) Small envelope from Financial Aid office with terms of scholarship. 3) Big green envelope with the stickers.

@impatientfns Congratulations on your acceptance to Decker. My daughter was accepted on 11/19, and we attended our first visit and information session last weekend. She really liked the campus (i.e. especially all of the coffee places and student union) and thought the students we met were really friendly, smart and engaged. Mostly importantly, she could see herself going there! The plans for the new Decker building seem really impressive, although the thought of her having to take a bus or drive to classes on another campus isn’t ideal. We found out during our visit that Decker’s freshman nursing class is only 50 students, and they take 50 transfers for sophomore year. I know they have agreements with other SUNY schools and community colleges to accept their students into the nursing program, which explains the influx sophomore year. When my daughter told our tour guides that she had been accepted to Decker, the response was very congratulatory, and it seems that acceptance to Decker is really difficult given the large number of applicants and limited number of spots. You should feel great about your acceptance!

Has anyone been accepted who did not visit? Thank you! Congrats to all who are in!

My son was accepted to the engineering school last week. Never set foot on campus.

Are they still sending out acceptances?

In-State and Daughter accepted to Watson today.

3.87 UW / 1320 (700 Math) / 8 AP and dual credit - Robotics, UofR Pre-College programs

I just want to shed some hope for those who haven’t received a decision yet. I’m in state and I got into Watson last night and I only have a 1340 SAT (710 math). My gpa is a 4.7W and I’m 14/270 in my class. I have taken 5 aps, and the rest are dual enrollment or honors classes. I have had 2 jobs including Wegmans, which is a reputable employer. I have joined many ECs including being the secretary of service club, captain of the swim team (holding multiple school records) just for example. I have received many academic awards and awards for swimming, and my essay was extremely well. For those out there who are concerned like I was, just trust the process!! Now I am choosing between Pitt and Bing :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure they’re still sending them out…we are waiting patiently!

Admitted early action for comp sci and engineering
SAT: 1340 (710 eng 630 math) 4.0 gpa

Good luck everyone and if I go here can’t wait to get to know you guys

Accepted 12/6
School of Management: Business Finance Major
SAT: 1370 (650 English, 720 Math)
GPA: 4.0
Lots of ECs
In-State

Congrats to to your daughter JCollegedad. Would you mind posting your D stats? My daughter also applied to Decker and still has yet to hear. Her stats are good- 3.7 GPA uw, 4 APs (Bio, Chem, Apush and Lit), volunteers at local ambulance and tutors city kids. Works PT and captain of her tennis team. ACT is a bit low at 27.

Congrats to all! @CGHman it looks like they’re working there way by score/gpa. My son has similar stats and still has yet to hear (Harpur).Crossing fingers for the 11th if you follow last year’s acceptances.

@CGHman Thanks! Daughter’s stats: 4.14 WGPA, 1430 SAT, top 10%, 10 APs, EMT, hospital internship, lots of EC/leadership/volunteer activities. OOS from NJ. Dean’s scholarship of 10k. Good luck to your daughter!

Hi, I applied EA but my stats are pretty low.
1210 SAT, 89.17 WGP, 4 APs, NHS. A lot of Leadership activities and 2 internships during the school year.
What are my chances of getting accepted?

@collegekid2001 I got the email at around 7pm on Thursday

Accepted 2 weeks ago and got my “big green envelope” in the mail today. No mention of a financial aid package, however. Does anyone know when we are supposed to receive these? (in state, SOM)

Thanks Jcollegedad. You D has great stats and profile for Decker. All the best to her. Appreciate your feedback AParent012023. Fingers crossed for the 11th!

What’s the 11th? Also anxiously waiting for Decker.