SUNY Binghamton Class of 2023

anyone know when regular decisions for harpur college come out? ive been staring at my email for ages

@juiluscaesar 7 pm - most of the time on Tuesdays and Thursdays

@AJC any specific date? do they just come out sporadically?

@juiluscaesar You are correct; no specific date. We are also waiting for Harpur decisions…

Accepted to Binghamton in-state today, 2/25.
Watson School of Engineering
1500 SAT - 95 GPA

@2S2023 when did you submit your application, if you dont mind me asking?

@LittleLiam - I applied on 11/25/2018, RD.

Anyone get accepted to Decker recently.

Anyone hearing information about residence hall shortages since there are several closing for renovations?

Accepted to Waston School of Engineering February 25, 2019

Stats:
1480 SAT (Superscored 1520: Math-770, English-750)
35 ACT
98 GPA

I am from Binghamton and have had direct contact with the institution through its engineering faculty. Two of friends also in my pre-engineering program were accepted on the 25th; those who applied to other majors RD haven’t heard back yet.

Any other RD Engineering Applicants who have still not heard anything back?

Anyone get accepted into RD School of Management yet?

Does Bing give merit scholarships to NYS residents?

@2023collegeboy No, unfortunately Bing does not give merit aid to NYS students. It is unfortunate.

If anyone is deciding between Binghamton and Stony Brook (for a STEM major), could you please share your thought process and what made you decide one over the other? thanks

@AJC - My son was accepted to both. Stony Brook offered him a spot in their honors college with a merit scholarship - but I think he liked Bing more because of their Freshman Research Immersion (FRI) program as he is interested in research. Apparently Bing is only one of three schools in the nation that offers such a program, so that was a definite plus for him. He also liked the campus at Bing better - he felt a lot of the buildings looked newer, but that’s just his impression, so I don’t know if that’s the case or not.

Good luck on your decision!

@AJC @2023collegeboy They actually do give in state merit, in the form of the full tuition Excelsior award. Assuming they are few and far between. Thing is, Binghamton in state is so insanely cheap, it’s hard to imagine they would give a lot of merit. The tuition is 9K per year for NY residents. Compare that to the 14+ that Uconn and Umass charge for in state, and it’s almost 40% cheaper. For comparison, Nassau Community College charges almost 5K in tuition. So for an extra 4K, you go from poor to amazing education. I would say just getting in at all is winning.

The Excelsior scholarship is based on financial need not

Merit. You must make less than 125,000 year to be eligible for it.

@HankCT @2023collegeboy Tuition is actually $7,000 a year for NYS students. No wonder too many people apply

@AJC My son is also torn between the 2. He has been accepted to both for computer. science. At Bing he knows he is in the Scholars program & waiting to find out about honors at SB. iAt SB was given a $7000 scholarship & they recognize being a NMF, Bing gives nothing but honors program does offer a stipend & is eligible for the state STEM scholarship. Yes both have pluses & minuses. Bing has a more lively social life then SB, & SB is close to home & my son rather go away. I am not to sure which he will choice. State schools in general are on the bottom of the list, however nothing has come near to the cost. WE are going to accepted students day to see which he feels better at. That may be your best way to decide.