SUNY Binghamton Class of 2023

@1S1Dforcollege I am originally from Central Jersey very close to Philly but we live in Maryland now. I went to Rowan for undergrad (teacher). Eagles are my team, die hard fan all my life. Not enjoying them right now! :frowning:
My son is hoping for a scholars invite but I’m not sure if they are true to their stats information. He has a 1400 SAT (700 for both) and 4.44 W GPA, and he is full IB Diploma. He has the rigor and the grades but his SAT is not as high as your daughters. If he was to get invited to the Scholars program it would probably tip the scale away from his first choice and be closer to Bing. When did you find out about the Scholars program?

Has anyone from New York State received an acceptance letter in the last two days? If so, please post your stats. Thank you!

Has anyone from New York State received an acceptance letter in the last two days? If so, please post your stats. Thank you!

Got into Binghamton last night at 7PM!! Harpur, OOS SAT 1420 GPA W 4.98

If you look at the last couple years acceptances, Out of state heard first, then high stat in state.

Did anyone who applied to Watson hear back yet?

My son heard back from Watson last night, Accepted. We live in NJ.

Congrats to your son!! I’m in NJ too but haven’t heard anything. But I also applied a bit late (last week of October) Hopefully they’ll release the rest of the decisions sometime this week.

My son was accepted to Harpur. Checked the status on the portal last night. OOS, NJ.

So the status gets updated on the portal? Waiting for my son…engineering.

I’m from NJ too, and I submitted my application on October 15th so I’ve already received my admission. I have 2 friends who also applied, but around one week before the November 1st deadline, so they haven’t heard back yet. You’ll probably find out soon. :slight_smile:

Anyone get into School of Management?

@AJC I’ve heard that they send OOS acceptances before sending out in-state acceptances (all of which are done in waves)

@Kona2012 -I think your son does have a chance at scholars, 1400 is great! The invite came the first week in January. Not sure what your son wants to study, but there is also a program called FRI- Freshman Research Immersion- it is another great opportunity that has freshman doing research starting first semester. DD is doing neuroscience and Parkinson’s research. This semester is mostly learning how to do research and write lab reports, but they start in the lab working with rats next semester. There are many options to choose from, including some for engineers.

We are not enjoying the Eagles much this year either, but winning the Super Bowl last year was truly amazing!

@1S1Dforcollege Yes The Super Bowl win was amazing! Just sad to watch them struggle this year. Ahhh but at least we aren’t the Giants!
My son wants to major in Neuroscience and he wants to be involved in research! We are expecting 100 crickets to be delivered tomorrow so that he can complete his Biology IA experiment over Thanksgiving break. I’m not sure how much I want to listen to crickets chirp, especially after he starts giving them choline to increase the chirping. Is your daughter in FRI too or is that a part of the Scholars program?

@AJC i’m in state and my sat scores are in the 1450/1600 range with a 4.0 u weighted but i haven’t heard anything yet. i think they might be doing hugh score out of state first?? let me know when you receive anything!

I have an ~88 UW GPA and a 34 ACT and I’m in-state. Should I expect any sort of merit $ or special program if I am accepted?

I think the first round of in state replies will be sent next week based on last year’s thread. People started hearing on the 28th which was a Tuesday so maybe the 27th or 28th next week. Good luck!

@apost12 I think you’ve got a shot at being accepted. Not sure about merit with an 88 UW GPA…but I am not the admissions counselor!

My son gets full tuition as he graduated in top 10% of his class and is going to be a STEM major of some sort…has to work in NYS for 5 years if he ends up attending BInghamton. He has a few other viable options already with decent merit awards…one of them being University of Alabama at Huntsville…he got 100% tuition. Maybe look at that one? We visited–nice campus and good programs.

@Kona2012 FRI is a different program, not part of scholars. Many more kids are invited to join FRI than scholars. My daughter is in both and is doing neuroscience research. She was a bio major but is hoping to change to the integrative neuroscience major. Good luck to your son. Has he gotten his official letter yet? That has the scholarship info so hopefully he gets good news!

Has anyone heard back from Watson for in-state?