SUNY Binghamton Class of 2023

hey somebody knows how to decline admissions offer?

@AJC I got a call yesterday and they took me off the wait list for fall. I think they’re only taking students off the wait list that already submitted their deposits

@rutherfordio My daughter just sent an email to admissions.

@collegee54 What do you mean kids on the wait list who submitted their deposits? We are hoping our daughter gets of the waitlist, but obviously we can’t put a deposit down until/if that happens.

Anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist or when one hears if they did?

@xinabess there are students who were already accepted to spring 2020 semester who are on the waitlist for fall 2019. Some of these students have already paid deposits.

Hi. My daughter, an incoming freshman, was accepted to Harpur as undecided. Last week she requested a change (transfer?) to Decker Nursing, and was accepted. Hopefully this will free up a spot for someone on the waiting list for Harpur. Good luck to all.

Has anyone received anything yet post deposit?

This is our first, and although we recently received an email stating that her deposit was indeed received, there hasn’t been anything (sent via mail or email) to us.

She went online to the housing portal and filled that out, hasn’t seen much activity there either.

For me, my next steps are understanding payment plan options and getting the loans setup. I was expecting by now to have received a packet in the mail from BU with all of that info (dorms, orientation, loans, payments), or at least an email, but it has been radio silence since we put the deposit down on April 7th. Is this the same experience for everyone else?

My wife mentioned on facebook she had been seeing pictures of other kids with their welcome packages they got in the mail from their respective schools.

@HankCT T your child needs to log into their accout there will be outstanding items like the medical forms that need to be sent and accepting loans if your child is getting any…they will be sending out an email soon to register for orientation days.

@futurenursemom1 is this the same for students in the scholars program? & what account do they log in to. My son just committed yesterday.

Anybody get into SOM off waitlist?

@lovemycats not sure about scholars. Did your son set up a Binghamton email? https://my.binghamton.edu/ this is the site and you click on the brain that will have links and outstanding things. The health is Binghamton my health. If you Google it the link should pop up.

@futurenursemom1 I’m not sure. I called the school & they told me his email address. They also told me info will go out about orientation after May 1. Will save this though. Thanks.

Its official Binghamton Class of 2023! Very excited for my son!

@ColTan Congrats! We also have an official Bearcat here. She is incredibly excited to be part of the class of 2023!! We think its a terrific school.