SUNY Binghamton Class of 2023

Anyone receive/know what is in the big green envelope?

So are SUNY Binghamton admissions decisions being sent out in waves (with applicants who have the highest scores receiving their decisions first)?

@universitymom67 Yes! It is the official letter and my DD had her merit scholarship in it. Congratulations!

I wonder if they are going mostly by test and academic scores or also by the time the early action application was received? Did the in-state students who already got admission notices apply well in advance of the deadline?

Congrats to all who heard and got in! I didnt know Binghamton offers merit. How much merit, if you dont mind sharing.

@universitymom67 How long from when you got the notice on the portal until you received the green envelope? My son received his acceptance on the portal 11/19 and he has not received anything in the mail yet. Just wondering how long we should expect to wait.

@Kona2012 D also received portal acceptance on 11/19 but hasn’t received official letter yet.

S received his green envelope and official letter today. He was granted a Provost’s Scholarship. OOS, SAT 1470, w GPA 3.85, AP/Honor courses.

how much is provost scholarship?

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/suny-binghamton/2037784-binghamton-presidential-scholarship.html

A discussion on President / Provost scholarships from last year

D accepted on 11/19, green envelope 11/29. Presidential Scholarship. 1580 SAT 3.9 GPA All AP/Honors OOS. Super appreciative of the offer! Hoping for scholars program invite.

@nypapa Based on last year’s thread, they are going by scores. They start with admitting out of state students first, and then NYS students with very high stats (think ivy league numbers), and then between early December and 1/15 they either admit NYS students with average/above average scores or defer them to regular decision to be re-reviewed. By April, many NYS students with high stats will decline Bing offer and go to ivy league/private schools, and Bing will then accept the rest of NYS students with average stats.

P.S. the date of EA application does not make a difference.

For those admitted and received the green envelope - did the info happen to mention when admitted students visit is? I thought I read somewhere that it was mid March and I want to plan for it. It’s a very real possibility that my son will attend Binghamton and another visit will be necessary.
Has anyone heard of admitted students doing overnights or being able to spend the day on campus, attend a class, etc…

@notstuy Provost is $36K, $8K/year. Does not look like it changed from last year.

@kona2012 Nothing about admitted students visits in the letter. S loved the campus visit, but we were there when the Club Fair was going on so it was busy and lively. I’m very interested in having my son do an overnight, or class too, before deciding.

Haha, I guess you can’t edit your posts. $32K, not $36K!!!

Well the envelope came today and son just got home to open it. I’m in complete shock, he was awarded the Presidents Scholarship. Definitely need to go visit again!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Daughter finally received the official acceptance in the mail today and was awarded a Provost Scholarship of $10K per year. She is so excited that we booked a tour and information session for tomorrow. The plans that Binghamton has to renovate an old factory into a state-of-the-art facility for Decker Nursing School by 2020 are impressive. Congratulations to everyone receiving acceptances and scholarships! Binghamton is on the short list!

When can out of state students who applied EA to Binghamton expect to be notified about admissions?