SUNY Binghamton Class of 2023

@blazinamazin2023 My son got an email notice on Monday. The green envelope arrived today. NJ res.

@blazinamazin2023 My son applied 10/15, received acceptance 11/19 and letter today. We are in Maryland.

@Sparcky @Kona2012 Are OOS applicants with the highest stats notified first?

@blazinamazin2023 I have no idea because I don’t consider my son to be in the highest stats… I don’t have a problem sharing his stats

Maryland Public School
IB Diploma Candidate (4 HL and 2 SL courses) 3.94 UW GPA, 4.4 W
He only took two AP courses because he was MYP IB 6th - 10th grade and then IB Diploma 11th and 12th. He took double math Freshman year in order to take IB HL Math.

1400 SAT (700 math, 700 EWR)
3rd degree black belt, competes nationally and head coach of the junior competition team at his TKD school
Plus he volunteers at Environmental Research Center

Received his acceptance 11/19
Letter arrived today in the mail and he also received the Presidents Scholarship which made Binghamton almost the same cost as our flagship university in Maryland. He did not apply to UMDCP!

I’m sure there will be another post about this, but I’m eager to hear about everyone’s options and final decisions in the end.

@blazinamazin2023

I don’t know how they release the acceptances. He applied late October.
My son’s stats 1560 SAT, 730 Math 2, 720 Chem, 94.5 UW GPA at a higly competitive STEM magnet HS. They only offer a few APs but it is all honors. They do not rank. He’s probably in the middle of his class.
Very strong involvement and leadership in Scouts, 3 yrs of a 15 hr/week job, band and a couple other ECs.
He finally got home a few minutes ago and opened the envelope. $13.5k/yr.

@Sparcky Are you in state or OOS? What major? I’m trying to find some pattern in the merit awards…

I think if you read through this thread and the other Binghamton threads, you will find much of the information you are looking for. According to observations by others, high score notifications go out first and merit scholarships tend to go for OOS students. Good luck - hope you get the new you’re hoping for!

When do you think the next wave of acceptances will go out?

@DumDeeDummm OOS NJ Chem major

@STEMGirl19 Are OOS student admissions decisions also released based on scores?

I have no idea how they are released - as I said, just sharing what has been observed on this chat board in the past. I don’t have any more information than you do.

Has anyone from NYS received any decisions this week?

I think there will be more decisions tonight. I think they release them every tuesday and thrusday

can someone chance me? I am in-state and applying to Harpur as a psych major
GPA: 3.7711 W
SAT: 1290/1300 (1300 is super score)
EC: President of LEAD Club - I organize concerts featuring musicians/acts from my school, Vice-President of Rockland Local Music Scene - I organize concerts outside of school featuring musicians across my county, Stage Manager - I help run all my schools productions and build sets, I was in the cast of my schools musicals till sophomore year when I joined Stage Crew, I am the Historian of Philosphy club, I was in GSA, I help fundraise for my grade/prom/homecoming etc, I am in History Honors Society, I have been a camp counselor for two years to toddlers (ages 2-4), I babysit, and a bunch other ECs
in my essay i wrote about my older brother who left for the marine corps over the summer and how it changed me as a person
i understand my scores are underwhelming but Bing is my top haha

@nyrappel13 yeah you’ll get in.

hi does anyone know if there’s a specific time/day each week that the waves are released or is it sporadic?
also i’m really nervous about being accepted into the SOM i have a 3.85 GPA, 29 ACT, 1320 SAT, and some extracurriculars do you think i have a decent chance of getting accepted EA?

based on last years thread they release decisions weekdays at 7:15

Are decisions coming out tonight?

just got in!!