SUNY Binghamton staggered notifications of EA applicants?

Hi!
A lot of my friends just got their decisions for EA back from SUNY Bing but I haven’t gotten mine back yet. We applied to the same school. Wondering if this is true for anyone else and if anyone knows when they will come out…

My friend and I both got accepted, but I know of at least 2 people that haven’t heard back yet. It’s no big deal

Thanks for quick response. Congrats! Just anxious with all this waiting lol

It appears that they send out notifications by test scores. The higher the test score the earlier the notification. Some people hear as late as January. So if you don’t hear back until then do not worry.

I heard that the past few years they have accepted in waves for admissions. This was likely the first round. Accepted here, 34 Superscore ACT. Like the other poster said, if you go to the class of 2024 page it looks like all these students have similar high scores. Don’t worry, the average ACT scores are lower and it doesn’t mean you won’t get in.

@emintchutney7 I’m a current Bing student and can tell you that yes, they do send acceptances in waves. Usually they’ll send them earlier in the week (around Monday or Tuesday). Last night a huge wave was sent to In State applicants, so expect to hear an answer soon. I’m in SOM and heard mid-December. I’ve heard they do decision releases based on test scores and that suspicion was unofficially confirmed by someone high up in admissions.

My DS applied EA to Harpur. He has a 32 ACT and 1420 SAT, with a 95 unweighted GPA. He takes AP and Honors courses. He hasn’t heard back yet, but heard back right away from UB and Albany. Does he have a good chance at being accepted to Bing?

My D20 was accepted to Harpur in the first wave. I know it’s easy to say, but I wouldn’t worry about it too much. At a Bing info session they said as long as you are within certain parameters, you should feel pretty confident in your chances. Your son is at the very top of that range. Best wishes to him!

@Dancingmom518 what were the parameters? Thanks!

The top of the ACT range was 32, I believe the lower end was 28. GPA was in the mid 90s. I don’t remember SAT because my D is only submitting her ACT to schools.

I have heard they do go out in waves, but it’s a bit more nuanced than grades and scores. Yield preservation comes into play. They also look at the high school and try to guess if Binghamton is your safety, if so they will send out the acceptance after January 1, after ED acceptances to other schools have come out.

This was the case two years ago. At my daughter’s school (a top NYS high school), the good and solid students were accepted in November. The high fliers were not accepted until January. Her friend who was #2 in her not as strong school was accepted in November.

@Dancingmom518 Thank you!
For anyone who only sent sat score so the upper limit seems to be 1400-1430 and the lower limit is a 1300 to 1320.
I got this by googling the SAT equivalent of a 28 and 32.

My son applied EA and still hasn’t heard. I don’t think it is staggered based on SAT/ACT score since he got a 1540 and has 4.22 weighted GPA. His numbers suggest he should get in easily but still as of now, nothing.

My daughter’s scores and EC’s suggested she would get in easily too but she has heard nothing yet.

Has anyone heard anything from CCPA?

@emintchutney7 I’m a current Bing student and can tell you that yes, they do send acceptances in waves. Usually they’ll send them earlier in the week (around Monday or Tuesday). Last night a huge wave was sent to In State applicants, so expect to hear an answer soon. I’m in SOM and heard mid-December. I’ve heard they do decision releases based on test scores and that suspicion was unofficially confirmed by someone high up in admissions.
11-26-2019 at 12:59 pm

standardized test scores or gpa? son has 1510, no response yet