SUNY Buffalo Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

University at Buffalo, the State University of New York offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at SUNY Buffalo is November 15.

For more information visit the University at Buffalo, the State University of New York page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other SUNY Buffalo applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to University at Buffalo, the State University of New York? Why SUNY Buffalo? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other SUNY Buffalo topics visit the university-at-buffalo-the-state-university-of-new-york tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about SUNY Buffalo Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

When will we receive the decision letter for UB EA?

My son received his acceptance to UB and the honors college tonight.

Congratulations! Did he receive an email or did you just check the portal?

He received an email around 615pm that his status had changed.

Thank you!

Son received acceptance tonight 11/30, email with a status change at 6:20pm

did your son have to submit mid-year grades? my application says I need to submit my mid-year grades.

No he did not have to submit mid-semester grades. Good luck to you!

Still waiting for status change email…
Not sure if my student hurts their chance by applying test optional :thinking:

1 Like

They already said test-optional won’t harm your application so I think It’s okay

My daughter got her first acceptance tonight to UB Honors College!! Yay. No email - just checked her portal.

EA, in-state, still waiting.

Decisions seem to be going out in batches over days with emails at 6:20 or 7:20 mostly.

Heard today at 6:15pm. In state, early action. Accepted!

Applied: 10/21
Accepted: 11/30
Major: Business Administration
GPA: 3.65 W
ACT: 27 superscored
Good EC’s and leadership positions as well as a part time job

1 Like

Have any scholarship decisions for accepted students come out yet?

You are right on the money!

Received “Status Update” email at 6:21pm yesterday.

Received offer via applicant portal (with admissions into their Honors College). :blush:

Applied 10/31
Accepted 12/21
1410 SAT
4.0 weighted
Lots of APs
5 years varsity sports

Offered $5k/year for “non-tuition costs”. Anybody know if this can be applied to room and board?