SUNY Geneseo Class of 2014 Accepted Students

<p>:-p Do you know when we will find out about honors college and or financial aid? I think it said in March but I’m not sure. Also are you planning on doing the accepted students day things?</p>

<p>Where are you from? I also applied RD, but i haven’t heard yet. Im assuming i’ll get my letter on monday</p>

<p>The buffalo area so I’m assuming WNY got their letters today.</p>

<p>I might regret asking, but how big are the acceptance envelopes?</p>

<p>Big–the envelope had a folder with everything inside.</p>

<p>I got in today as well :)</p>

<p>Buffalo,NY</p>

<p>Think the suburbs of Buffalo will get theirs today as well? I’m in Grand Island, my mail comes in about an hour.</p>

<p>Nevermind, my mom just called me. Big packet from Geneseo! :)</p>

<p>I got my acceptance today as well! I think most people should get it on the first, as thats what it says on the website/ the letter of admission is dated march 1st.</p>

<p>Based on what someone else said, I’m assuming honors college application offers are coming with our applications. I’m a little worried about not getting an offer because my unweighted gpa is only a 3.7 (that becomes a 92ish after conversion) and I’m not sure whether they take into account high school difficulty/weighted gpa. My SAT is a 2230 though, so I’m hoping that’s high enough.</p>

<p>^If I recall correctly the admissions lady during my tour last year said they preferred seeing students with rigorous/challenging courses with a slightly lower GPA, as opposed to students who breeze by with easy classes and slightly higher marks.
I don’t know how competitive the honors program is but I think they should take the difficulty into account. </p>

<p>Hope you can get that offer bioblade and congrats to everyone on your acceptances. =]</p>

<p>I got my acceptance letter yesterday :slight_smile: Are they sending out rejection letters at the same time? I have some friends who also applied but I’m not sure if I should ask them whether or not they got a letter…</p>

<p>It is my understanding that all letters (acceptances and rejections) were mailed out on Friday. We live in Albany, NY and have not received anything yet.</p>

<p>The rejection letters went out at the same time–I was the only one out of my school to be accepted.</p>

<p>Yea, I heard about a few rejections at my school so far but we had a lot of applicants to Geneseo. 5th in class (ED acceptance), 6th in class, 8th in class, 11th in class (me), and someone else in the mid-teens were accepted. Someone in the late teens who really wanted to go was waitlisted. There were a few other students I know of in all AP’s who were waitlisted.</p>

<p>It said on the letter there were 11,000 applicants for 925 spots.</p>

<p>Still waiting on Long Island… hopefully tomorrow!</p>

<p>I’m not expecting the large envelope, lol.</p>

<p>For those who were accepted would you mind posting your Stats…I am afraid to ask :(</p>

<p>I have a feeling this will be another tough year to gain admission.</p>

<p>With 11,000 apps, that is about a 5% increase over last year…
Stats going up.</p>

<p>Let’s hope the state budget keep tuition is near recent levels!</p>

<p>Still waiting here in Hudson Valley area…</p>

<p>fatherli: You are right. It was probably the toughest year for acceptance to Geneseo. </p>

<p>My “stats”</p>

<p>SAT: M- 710
CR- 710
W- 720</p>

<p>Chem- 780
USH- 710</p>

<p>ACT- composite 33</p>

<p>GPA: 4.17 (out of 4.3)</p>

<p>Lots of community service, yearbook, life guarding, good recommendations, strong essays etc.</p>

<p>However, many of the kids on college confidential have relatively high stats compared to other applicants. You could have lower stats and still get in :)</p>