SUNY Geneseo RD Freshman Class of 2019 - Acceptances!

Accepted for fall. committed!!! woooo!!!1
Hometown: Westchester county

Very important admissions factors:
Rigor of secondary school record: 5 APs- I was taking more but I moved halfway through sophomore year and couldnt finish some. a few honors courses too. I went to a rigorous high school
Standardized test scores: 2220 (750 CR, 720 M, 750 W) SAT. straight 4s on AP US, psych, and english lang. will take bio and french exams in 2 weeks. 790 on us history SAT2.

Important admissions factors:
Class rank: unknown
Academic GPA: 2.84 unweighted. yeah, i know. i failed ap english 11 and im retaking it this year. i failed several quarters of other classes. I basically stopped working junior year and continued into this year. before that, I had a 3.3 gpa.
Application Essay: freakin golden. guidance counselor said its one of the best she’d ever read
Recommendation: dont know but probably goodish. I had a natural ability in that class (french- was honors through HS and im now in AP) but I did no work. My guidance counselor also loves me
Extracurricular activities: wrestling, jewish education, independent study of art and science
Talent/ability: i make a mean peach cobbler
Racial/ethnic status: latino

Considered admissions factors:
Character/personal qualities: never did an interview but I think im a pretty cool guy
First generation: first generation american, if that counts
Alumni/ae relation: nope
State residency: NY
Volunteer work: little bit
Work experience: not really
Level of applicant’s interest: high

Meismom, how does your daughter like Geneseo? Did she decide to attend?
My D has following:
ACT: 27
GPA: 91.2 W
2 APs
Several Honors classes
National Honor Society
Hundreds of hours of Community Service
Varsity Sports
2-3 EC Clubs
Essay- good
1/2 Hispanic

I was encouraged by your child’s acceptance when looking at most posts in this thread, the average board scores were quite high. wonder if that is just a small sample vs. admitted profile.