SUNY questions - is there really nothing at all to do there?

<p>I live in mid NJ and I am far away from Geneseo so if it is boring, I can't get away from it. I heard there was nothing to do there besides frats and drinking..</p>

<p>But I really like the school! The programs look cool, it looks great for biology (I want to become a veterinarian) and the cost is awesome!</p>

<p>If you could chance me as well that would be great:
My SAT: 610 math/writing 640 critical reading (I didn't study at all for those SAT's, and I only took them once. I plan to take them again and actually study for them, but what scores should I aim for?)</p>

<p>I also do a lot of clubs, I'm in NHS, I do every single activity under the moon (except for maybe sports, I only do karate in that category.) Love art, love music. Good at it too. </p>

<p>And too lazy to talk about how glorious I am (sarcasm) so just a brief "chancing" will do.</p>

<p>Also, do outsiders have an easier time getting into this school?</p>

<p>Emails would be more welcome than posts, but whatever you give me I'm thankful for.</p>

<p>You need to personally visit the school and the surrounding area. Only then can you answer this question for yourself. Visit ASAP so you will know whether to keep it on your "college wish list" or focus your energy elsewhere.</p>

<p>Geneseo is in a very rural town and it depends what you are looking to do. If you are looking to party a lot, go skiing or go to a park, than Geneseo is for you. I place a lot of emphasis on the partying. It is safe to say partying is the main event at Geneseo. Sure there are other things to do but it may take some effort on your part to figure them out.</p>

<p>My cousin goes there and I visited. We partied and then....partied.</p>

<p>In addition to partying and skiing (and other outdoor recreational activities) there are plenty of clubs and organizations that students can get involved in. For example:</p>

<p>Student</a> Organization Resources</p>

<p>I notice there is a karate club. Geneseo students may be able to give you a better idea how active these clubs and organizations actually are.</p>

<p>What you won't find at Geneseo are such urban/suburban amenities as dance clubs, museums, boutique stores and large malls. Such amenities are available in Rochester, which is about 45 minutes north of Geneseo.</p>

<p>Yea. I just gotta go visit the campus.</p>

<p>There isn't just partying at Geneseo, there's a lot of nice activities to take part in. There's hockey and basketball games as well as union lateknight activities.</p>