SUNY Upstate Accelerated Scholars 2021 Applicants

Hi! So if you were accepted and said yes, I personally did not get any response back until I emailed Mrs. Ripa to make sure and she said it had been processed. If you are still wondering I would email.

Hey! I was notified of my acceptance into the UAS program through Purchase College.

1 Like

Congratulations!! When did you interview?

Thank you so much! January 6th.

Congratulations!! Please PM me your insta so I can add you to the gc

Hi! Was anyone here accepted through Syracuse? If so, what tips do you have for a hopeful student applying to Upstate through Syracuse? Thanks!!

Have not seen anyone posting for Syracuse feeder. However, it does not matter the feeder school, your Upstate interview will be same. As many mentioned its very cool interview. Just prepare for the basic traditional BSMD interview questions.

Upstate had their first two interview dates on Jan 6th and Feb 15th. I am guessing yours is the 3rd/last interview date for the year on March 8th. Correct? Good Luck.

1 Like

For the upstate interview, do they send a zoom link on the day of the interview? Also did anyone update the portal with extra documents like a resume or mid year grade reports?

They don’t need anything more than what they already have. Normally you get the zoom link a day before. And, if you are scheduled for Monday Mar 8th, you will get the zoom link on Friday March 5th.

1 Like

I was also accepted through Syracuse and my interview is the 8th

2 Likes

You meant you are interviewing with Upstate on March 8th and the feeder is Syracuse U?

Yes

Hi! I did upload an extra document, which basically had the abstract for me research, a paragraph of some extra EC’s which I put in my extra info section of my common app, and afterwards a thank you letter to both of my interviewers. It is not needed, bit if you think it will help, go for it!

You can add things up to a week after your interview too.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

And you sent the abstract and ecs before?

Nope, afterwards

For 6th January interview, do you know how many students interviewed?

There were both traditional medical students and UAS students applying, so I would say 75-100 interviewed but this was also the biggest interview day as well.

@ Hershay7676 - My son’s interview was on 15th Feb and they had both traditional and BSMD students but around 40. I was wondering how many seats are left after first interview round. I do know that there is a session scheduled in March also.

@Geek13 - So, as far as we know, 9 people have been accepted into the program from various partner schools including myself. I would say there are still plenty of spots available. What school did your son interview for?