SUNY Upstate Accelerated Scholars 2021 Applicants

I interviewed through upstate in March. Do you guys remember when they said they would let us know about the result?

Mid-April so I am assuming by April 15th

got accepted through RIT today!

1 Like

I got accepted through Syracuse!

2 Likes

Congrats! If you PM me your insta I can add you to the gc

Congrats as well! If you PM me your insta I can add you to the gc

Hi! I just got accepted through UAlbany yesterday. I think I need a minimum of 15 posts to access PM’ing privileges - is there any way to circumvent this/can you pm me the insta gc so that I can put in a request?

1 Like

sure just put your insta in a reply like this if your comfortable or add mine @omgitsharshdeep

Thank you, yes I just followed.

1. What was your overall impression regarding the competitiveness of this program for OOS applicants?
  2. Does it help to apply through multiple affiliated colleges?
  3. Does the competitiveness of the program vary based on what feeder you go through?

… and congrats to those who got accepted!

1 Like
  1. I am not OOS but there is defiantly a preference for in state. Then again, with great stats many people from OOS have been accepted.

2. I made a mistake by applying to most of the partner schools since you can get reccomened from multiple but only interviewed from one. I would say applying to a few is the best, mixing up between the harder and easier ones.

3. Yes, RIT and Syracuse and maybe even UAlbany are probably the most competitive, and then the other ones are a little easier. I would say applying thru ESF, purchase, or ACPHS is a good safety.

@Hershey7676 , thank you very much for your detailed and helpful reply!
Is there a statistics for “great stats” when it comes to this program?

@Hershey7676 , also when you apply through several feeders - do you get interviewed through each one that recommends you or do you get to pick one that you get interviewed through if several recommend you?

1 Like

omg whats ur insta? me n another person r also headed for rit!!

My academic stats were SAT: 1470 and GPA: 4.0. I also had good ECs like a BOCES program where I spend almost my entire senior year at Upstate shadowing surgerys and taking college level classes. I also had the school clubs, sports, and student council too.

I would say good stats are a 1500+ SAT and high GPA and good ECs but honestly take your shot if you meet the basic requirements.

To answerr your second question, the benefit of applying to more institutions is that you have a higher chance of getting interviewed by Upstate. However, which school you interview through is up to Upstate and there is ONLY ONE interview.

Hey I don’t know why it didn’t reply to you but I answered your question lol

1 Like

insta is eunicepark01111 !!

@Hershey7676 , thank you very much!!!

My daughter was also accepted to Upstate through RIT. Can you add her to your insta GC? the_mad_stemist