SupE Store Textbook Buyback

<p>I was wondering if the textbook buyback includes only books originally purchased from the SupE store (as “buyback” seems to suggest), or if I could sell books I bought from another place (such as Amazon)?</p>

<p>The SupE store buys back what it sells – usually. That said, my son had gotten a few books from there that they would not take back. Sometimes, professors want the newer edition or a better book.</p>

<p>Should you need to sell books to Amazon, the process is pretty painless. You look up the book and its value and box it up with the proper paperwork. You need to put the prepaid label on the box and ship it. You receive money credited to your Amazon account.</p>

<p>Agree with selling on Amazon or some other website.</p>

<p>Also, there’s an off-campus book store on the Strip that might buy your books from you. You can call them and ask…</p>

<p>Alabama Book Store
1015 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL
(205) 758-4532 </p>

<p>There’s another one south of the school…</p>

<p>Off Campus Book store.
504 14th Street Tuscaloosa, AL 35401-3434
(205) 345-3910</p>

<p>My oldest is a freshman in college in Ohio. His university book store is a Barnes and Noble. I ended up buying all of his textbooks from Amazon and they were cheaper than buying used from the University book store or even renting if the option was available.<br>
I will be interested to see how many of them we will be able to sell back to Amazon and how much they’ll give. </p>

<p>I just bought his Anatomy book for 2nd semester and that was $117 on Amazon new. New at his school would have been $241 and $181 used. They didn’t offer a rental.</p>

<p>The Supestore will buy back books originally purchased from other sources. I would do a search to see if you can get a better price online. If the Supestore has the best buyback price for a book, sell it there. If not, the online buyback process is relatively simple.</p>

<p>It seems like the textbook publishers/authors have made a concerted effort to thwart the used book marketplace by coming up with a new edition every year.</p>