Superscore

<p>I know this is probably a question that is discussed often but I forget the answer. Do the UC’s superscore from different SAT sittings? Also do the UC’s look at writing for admission?</p>

<p>the uc's do not superscore sat/act</p>

<p>Yeah the UC's look at writing for admission. Actually I think they put more weight on it than most schools do.</p>

<p>how much weight in terms of the essay/MC? or is it equal</p>

<p>O_O;; when did UCs look at writing so significantly? It's just a number that's going to be crunched. As of yet there is no proof either way that its important or that it isn't, but its most likely not so long as your SAT is good. Essay probably isn't worth anything since I don't seem to remember a place where you'd be putting your essay score on the self reporting thing. No, UCs will not superscore (otherwise their average SATs would be so much higher), so study hard.</p>

<p>I remember reading something on PR's website maybe? that listed a bunch of schools that either:</p>

<p>Give less weight to the Writing Section
Give more weight to the Writing Section
Are neutral to it</p>

<p>And I remember the UC's were under the "More weight" category. </p>

<p>I think it just means that they will look at the whole score instead of just CR+M</p>

<p>I believe the UCs look into the writing section heavily because they were the ones that requested it. I believe it was the UCs that first said that they were unfair and were going to stop using the SAT if it was not recentered or readjusted (causing the writing section to be developed). This is true because the UCs represent a lot of where the scores are sent (and thus where the money is at).</p>

<p>The UC's did a study that showed the writing test (which was a subject test then) was the best of the predictors (Can't remember of what, specifically).</p>