Supplement??

<p>Is there an essay for the UMiami supplement on the common app? When I was at an information session the rep said there was an essay choice for the supplement. All I see are some questions about early action v. regular decision and legacy status?</p>

<p>Does anyone know?? Thanks. ^_^</p>

<p>There is no essay in the Common App. supplement. The rep. may have been talking about “Part 2” of the school’s application (alternative to the Common App.), which is where the essay question is.</p>

<p>Can you use common app for UM?</p>

<p>Last year you could. If you go on the common app website there is a list to see which schools accept it.</p>

<p>I am confused about RtR post, where is part 2? or is the essay same as the one on Common app?</p>

<p>It’s one or the other. Kids submit either UM’s app (parts 1&2) or the Common App (app and supplement). </p>

<p>UM’s own app has a Part 1 (biographical info) and Part 2 (including essay). These are for those students not submitting the common app. If you use the Common App, you submit it (including essay) and the UM supplement (link on CA site) which just asks basic biographical and intended field of study info. Certain majors such as music, fine arts and architecture have additional requirements and supplements. Good luck.</p>