Supplemental Questionnaire from Berkeley and Davis?

Hi everyone,

I submitted a supplementary questionnaire to both Cal and Davis. I have asked college counselors at school who told me it was a positive sign. I also have asked actual students from both school who have received the questionnaire and said it could give me a higher chance of getting into the school.

These are my stats:
California High School Student
3.7 GPA weighted
1000+ hours of community service
4+ years as a volunteer educator
5 on-campus leadership
Won some national awards for some research I did on the developing oceans around cities, urban oceans, etc. (awarded by the White House and the House of Rep.)
SAT: 1550 ACT: 24

I also work 2 part time jobs 30+ hours a week to support my single mother who works in fast food. She makes less than $20k. I wish I was exaggerating, but that’s the truth. I am a first generation student. I have already filed for financial aid; my EFC is 00000.

Disabilities listed on application is depression and PTSD, had to be rehabilitated for suicide for a year I had a mixture of A’s and B’s and one C during of my junior year due to this. But this first semester of senior year I received all A’s for ALL of my AP classes.

I am just curious what you think that this might mean for me as a prospective student, should I be hopeful at all? I had my heart set out on UCSC, but they said this year they have received the most applications they ever got, and I haven’t heard of a questionnaire from them. I am thinking that they are going to deny a lot of people this year due to the fact their acceptance rates keeping getting smaller and smaller. My back up plan is going to SFSU (which I already have been accepted to).

Thanks for any feedback!

bump

bump

help please

Please check out the UC Berkeley forum and UC Davis forum. There are a number of threads on supplements there which might be helpful.

Berkeley and Davis often send out supplementary questionnaires to people with very special circumstances that had a toll on their academics (you), students with a particular talent, or students who are right on the borderline of admission. I think that you are good for UCSC.