SupStore Question

<p>If you order books through the SupStore site, do they put the books aside until you pick them up? Thanks</p>

<p>When we asked, they told us that they can hold until you pick up. They did mention that if you’re OOS you can save the tax and get free shipping starting today 7/30/12 through 8/3/12 if you order online to be shipped. If you pick them up there you will pay tax.</p>

<p>Yes, both the Supe Store and the Off Campus Bookstore on Hackberry at 15th Street will pull your books for you and hold them or you can have them shipped. The Off Campus Bookstore is often much cheaper on both new and used books than the Supe Store. (The Off Campus Bookstore sits beside what was Bottom Feeders and shouldn’t be confused with the College Store which is on the adjacent corner.</p>

<p>It doesn’t seem that you can order online at Off Campus Bookstore…correct?</p>

<p>You can order online or by phone from the Off Campus Bookstore and they carry both new and used books. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly.</p>

<p>Thanks bamagirls. I tried clicking on the textbook icon and it wasn’t working. I’ll try again later!</p>

<p>DD just tried to order books online at Supe Store but it’s not coming up with free shipping. Ground would be $17.50 or something. I told her to wait until tomorrow and try again. The Off Campus site didn’t have the books/supplies she needed, nor did Amazon or Chegg.com. I think one of her requirements is a rock kit for her Geology class. Maybe that doesn’t qualify for free shipping!</p>

<p>The email says free shipping over $200. Do you have that much?</p>

<p>You also need to make sure you enter “textfreeship” in the coupon codes block when you check out. Don’t include the quotes. :)</p>

<p>Just ordered from Sup Store and got free shipping. FortunateDad mentioned about free sales tax??? I had DD’s order shipped to her campus address. We are OOS, so I suppose if I had the books shipped here to PA then we could avoid the Alabama tax. Ordered 4 books from Amazon (great prices) and had no sales tax.</p>

<p>Hi, bluehen85! If you had the order shipped to an address within Alabama, there would be sales tax added. It would not be added if shipping to an out of state (OOS) address. Since it looks like you had it sent to an address somewhere on or off campus, the sales tax would apply.</p>

<p>DD put in the code and it worked! Didn’t even have to pay shipping for the geology lab kit! Roll Tide :)</p>

<p>How long does it take for them to ship the books? We are leaving on August 8th to drive down…will they get here by then?</p>

<p>Busymom… I am also leaving on the 8th. I had them shipped to DD’s post office box (they can accept UPS now). That way I don’t have to carry them myself. If you don’t have a PO Box, you can ship to Paty</p>

<p>I’m not trying to be critical, but I’m curious. Why would you have the books shipped across the hall from the Supe Store to the Post Office? There will most likely be a line at the Post Office counter, but there usually isn’t a line at the Supe Store counter to pick up textbooks. Again, I’m not meaning to be critical, but I am curious since the two are literally just across the hall from each other in the Ferg.</p>

<p>Does anybody know how long it takes for the store to process the order and have it shipped? I did mine yesterday and I’m having them shipped to my house.</p>

<p>I’m not sure how long it would take them to process your order, pull the textbooks, and for them to be delivered, but I would think if you are moving in early for Alabama Action or Outdoor Action it might be a safer bet to pick up your textbooks at the Supe Store counter. Since tomorrow is August 1st you may be cutting it a bit close. They typically have them waiting and bagged once you order them.:)</p>

<p>Thankfully I move in on the 18th. I live in Alabama and the store says it should only take one day after they pull them and ship them. No worries! Just seeing if anybody knew. Thanks!</p>