Swarthmore Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Swarthmore Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 4

Have notifications for McCabe Scholars finalist been sent already?

Looks like last year, Swarthmore decisions were released on Friday, March 18th at 7p. Are we thinking it will be a similar time this year (Friday, March 17th @ 7p)?

CC says Saturday, 3/18 at 7 pm. I’m not sure where that info came from.

2 Likes

@Scooby22, some dates on the hub page are last year’s dates. There is a mention on there saying:

This year’s confirmed dates are labeled as “results releasing.” Dates labeled as “results expected” are projected release dates based on the previous year.

You will find this year’s dates (those that have been announced so far) here: College Decision Dates 2023: The Official CC Calendar

2 Likes

I guess I misread that entirely. Thank you. I looked at it more than once too. :fearful:

Not a problem, @Scooby22!

1 Like

Just received an email that said decisions will be out on Friday, March 17.

4 Likes

we did too!

2 Likes

Can everyone access the financial aid portal?

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

Did they ask you to write them if you already made another decision?

1 Like

Did you get one?

Yes my email had that part.

It sounded very positive but not sure if it means anything or not.

1 Like

They typically use the same letter to all applicants, it is not an indicator of admission. It is just asking for the courtesy of notification if a student has committed to another school, since a lot has happened since applications were submitted!

5 Likes

Uggg…7 more hours…

4 Likes

accepted! so excited :))

3 Likes

Son was rejected. Gotta be honest, I’m a little sad about this one. We loved the feel of the campus and the vibe of the fun emails. :heart: Ah well. Congrats to the new Swatties!

1 Like

Their mailers are the best. I hear you.

3 Likes