Swarthmore Waitlist Class of 2027

Hi, I am currently on Swat’s waitlist and have sent a LOCI. But I checked the common data set, which says that they didn’t admit even 1 person off waitlist. Now I am so anxious, so I wanna make this thread to see whether if anyone has any updates.

1 Like

The last two years they admitted none but three years ago (during covid) 33.

You should understand a WL for what it is. It is a rejection - pure and simple. But it gives the college itself a relief valve should their yield fall behind.

I would move on from Swat. You did what you needed.

But you need to fall in love with another school - and quick. Just assume Swat doesn’t happen - because that’s the reality.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve already committed to Sarah Lawrence College now, and I think it is also pretty great bc my major is Theatre and they have a great theatre program and are close to nyc! I looked at the stats in 2022-2023, it is true that they admitted none off wl, and 2021-2022 they admitted 33 (so it’s technically two years ago rather than 3 years ago I guess?) anyway, it doesn’t really make a difference, the admission process is so random.

1 Like

UPDATE: I got off the waitlist!! Now I am officially a Swattie 27’! Everything feels so unreal!! This is the best day of my life.

3 Likes

Hi Joanna, I have a friend currently on Swarthmore’s waitlist and it really is a rollercoaster of emotions. Do you mind offering advice as to what you think got you in?Were there any telltale signs from the school that hinted at you getting in?

Hi, I have sent the LOCI to show how much I want to go to Swarthmore and how fit I think I am to the school, as well as updating my recent activities and awards. I also called the admission office once to ask whether I can talk to the admission officer directly, but the request was rejected so I don’t know whether this actually helped. Swarthmore has sent the waitlist form to me three times asking me whether I’m still interested in them after I was placed on waitlist, but I think it is also sent to everyone on the waitlist so I don’t think it means anything. If they ever offer you a ZOOM meeting, then that 99% will mean you get in because that’s how I’m informed.
That’s probably all I have done and I hope your friend can get the good news soon!

3 Likes

Did they ever personalize any of their emails by using ‘I’ instead of ‘we’? And did they ever say that they’d ‘love to have you if room permits’? Could you also kindly give a general overview of the last email before you got in, if you don’t mind ?

The last email I get is the ZOOM invitation and it was sent from an AO’s personal email instead of the official Admission Office’s email. And except this one I never got any email saying they want to have me if room permits but only sending me the official waitlist form

I received this same email and, unfortunately, nothing has happened so far.

LOL the timing. I just got an email saying they don’t currently have space, but will update again by June 15.