Switching dorms

<p>Hello, I'm a freshman at UW and I'm thinking about changing dorms. Currently I live in Witte, but I really don't like my roommate and my friends all live in other places. Has anyone here attempted to switch dorms midyear? I know I have to go fill something out (all the way over in Slichter unfortunately) but I was wondering about if your dorm change was successful, how quickly they got back to you, etc. I do NOT want to live in Lakeshore, so do you get to pick where you want to go?</p>

<p>I'd really like a single room if I can get it...is this impossible? I'd kind of like to live in Barnard, as many of my friends are close by, but can I live there without participating in the CRC? (I'd like to avoid paying for that if I can help it.)</p>

<p>Just wondering if anyone had any information. Thanks!</p>

<p>Ask Res Halls your questions- use a phone or walk over to them in person at Slichter and ask your questions. There is some turnover at the semester. Some leave and there are transfers coming in- do your checking this week before any options are assigned.</p>