Switching majors at UCs?

<p>Is this possible/how easy is this (specifically to switch into a more impacted major)? Specifically for UCLA, I am mainly interested in computer science but I am thinking of applying to Linguistics/Computer Science in L&S over the Computer Science in the Engineering school (because I don’t think I would have high enough chances to get in that way). If I end up not liking Linguistics/Computer Science (assuming I get in), can I switch and if so, what do you have to do to switch?</p>

<p><em>BUMP</em> I need to apply soon ):</p>

<p>One thing to know about linguistics and computer science is that it isn’t really a regular computer science program. It is more linguistics with a little bit of computer science thrown in, and it is generally considered a very specific career path. Computational linguistics can be very lucrative, but once again, its very specific. </p>

<p>Now the other thing to consider is that switching from L&S to Samueli Engineering will be very difficult and uncertain. You can transfer around within the college that you are admitted to, but generally transferring between colleges is much harder. </p>