Switching Majors

<p>I am applying to Virginia Tech's English program since I doubt I will be getting into CAUS from out of state freshman year. I was wondering how hard it was to get into Virginia Tech's English program or if I should consider applying another program. And if I do get in, I was wondering how hard it would be to switch from that major to CAUS. I know its a lot to ask, but any info would be great, thanks.</p>

<p>Yea i was wondering the same thing....I applied for engineering but i doubt ill get in, but i think i have a good shot for general studies (3.8/1350). So i was definately wondering how easily i could switch</p>

<p>i know you have to meet certain requirements at VT, but Im not sure that its a sure thing once you meet those requirements</p>

<p>You have a pretty decent shot at engineering smitty, keep your hopes up. Transferring into engineering is a nightmare, but some people do it. You'll either be staying for an extra semester/year or taking summer classes in almost all likelyhood if you try to transfer in, and they don't let everyone transfer in. VThopeful, I've never heard that the english department is any harder to get in to than most other majors. I'm sure that switching to CAUS is really hard but you'd have to ask an adviser FROM THE CAUS(!!!!!).</p>

<p>edit: Notice the emphasis on from the CAUS. Not your freshman adviser, one from the CAUS. Trust me.</p>

<p>Jw, how much harder is it to get into caus then engineering?
and btw chuy i'm trying to keep my hopes up, just nervous</p>

<p>CAUS has fewer openings than Engineering, making it more selective simply b/c there isn't space.</p>