Switching schools within UM

<p>I was accepted to the College of Arts and Sciences, but I am now thinking that I want to go into the business school. Is this transition easy? How would I go about pursuing this?</p>

<p>i was admitted in the school of architecture but then asked to switch to engineering...i just had to write them a letter asking for the switch and they did it...so i would email them asking to switch and then they'll prolly ask you to send a letter by mail with the request...its fairly simple</p>

<p>My son is doing the same thing only from Arts and Sciences to Communications. He had to go over to the school of Communications and fill out an application. So, you would go over to the Business school and get their application and fill it out. </p>

<p>The thing that bothered me was that he was told that it is easier to apply to a major as a freshman coming into the school and that they get first priority than students already at UM. He was also told that it is easier to get into the Business school than the School of Communications. A lot depends on your GPA while at UM. If yours is good then you probably have nothing to worry about. </p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>i switched from A&S to comm...it was all very easy, you just need a min. 2.5 to switch.</p>

<p>Redsox - thanks for letting me know, I hope my son has the same experience as you and not as the advisor led him to believe.</p>

<p>i have yet to find a helpful advisor...one of my comm profs told us once we are enrolled in the comm school, to speak only with our program directors because they are the ones who tell you what classes really count, what classes can count for 2 requirements, etc...there have been a number of cases this past semester where students i believe in either PR or advertising were misadvised and took a computer class they didnt need</p>

<p>Thanks again redsox...if my son gets into the comm school I will tell him to use only comm advisors. I certainly don't want him wasting time with courses he doesn't need, especially since he has to double major and he wants to declare a minor as well. Every class counts!</p>