Switching?

<p>If I signed up for public housing and have now decided to switch to private... how can I go about that?</p>

<p>Well...I was just reading the housing contract actually. Whatever you paid is nonrefundable for that reason and I think you have to buyout of your contract...so, You would have to pay 80% of what you normally would pay for whatever the contract length is.</p>

<p>You are kind of out of luck :S</p>

<p>You were warned when you signed that contract- welcome to the real world. You have to decide if the thousands of dollars you agreed to pay is worth losing so you can live off campus. Frankly, I think living in the dorms is a great way to go freshman year. I do not think the pros and cons of other living situations are worth the costs you would incur. Call Res Halls and see what would happen in your situation.</p>

<p>Make the best of it and enjoy whichever dorm you get. It's only for 9 months and you'll meet lots of good people either way. I don't know if the dorms keep a dorm contract release waitlist to allow people out if they have more kids who want in than they can handle--as has been the case lately. You might call and ask that.</p>