Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

Ugh. This was anticlimactic…

3 Likes

Thank you, I have been trying to find stats on this. My daughter will likely apply to Maxwell next year. Do you know where they break out acceptance rates by college?

1 Like

are the decisions likely to come out tomorrow?

1 Like

Syracuse is very reluctant with releasing data and I based my own admissions stats of the common data set. We were mostly interested to see if ED gives an advantage over RD. Even though the acceptance rate last year for ED was only slightly above RD, the amount of ED students accepted made up around 1/3 of the incoming class, which was the key factor for us.

1 Like

I was just thinking… SU alerted us that MySlice would be down all day today (5am to 8pm)- it would have been unlikely for them to release decisions last night…People would have wanted to jump into the portal/myslice between last night and today to view their decisions and FA and wouldn’t have had access . Wonder if they will release late this evening after 8pm when MySlice is back up and running?

2 Likes

I feel like that’s a bit of a reach, but I hope you’re right!

1 Like

no they do not

Maybe Monday?!

1 Like

I mean, if we keep guessing each day we are bound to be right eventually! :blush:

5 Likes

Did anyone’s MySlice update after the update?

3 Likes

no update, im assuming monday or tomorrow

1 Like

It updated to where it is different looking and there are more options etc but didn’t update in terms of a decision. I am assuming everyone is seeing the same thing though, which is a result from the portal/myslice being down yesterday so they could upgrade/update the look. Hopefully decisions soon.

Penn State ( I am alum) is notoriously bad for financial aid both in state and out of state. My D got in out of state but no aid except loans. Have lots of co-workers that live in PA and sent their kids to WVU or VT as their out of state tuition with aid was less than PSU in state.

What is my slice. Never heard of it and never got anything from SU about it. All our SU info requests came to CSS profile.

You Should’ve gotten a login for MySlice after you applied. check your spam emails they give you a link to activate My Slice… any additional forms or information that they need for financial aid goes through MySlice.

MySlice – https://myslice.ps.syr.edu/ – is Syracuse’s online portal for students, applicants, parents, and alum. It’s where applicants can track their financial aid and admission applications, upload missing documentation, and receive notifications from the University. It’s different from the applicant portal, but it does include some of the same admissions notifications. Applicants receive an email inviting them to create accounts in both the applicant portal and MySlice once they’ve applied to the University.

Historically it’s Fridays - but also historically there are several large waves starting the 3rd Friday of the month. Get pushed because of the MySlice update and we’ll see something before this coming Friday? Always possible.

1 Like

Let’s hope! We’re on pins and needles here. My kid has heard back from all schools except Syracuse and GW. Syracuse is very high on their list, but the financial aid will have to make the pricetag comparable to the other schools where they’ve been accepted.

This is our family’s second time to go through the process–their older sibling is a sophomore at another university, but Kid #2 applied RD to Syracuse back in October, so this process has seemed especially long.

2 Likes

That should read STAFF not alum.

1 Like

We are waiting on SU & GW too. Torture!

1 Like