Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

so many of the universities seem to be giving those kind of odd offers now - like acceptance into Sophomore year

Did everyone who got admitted submit their 2023-2024 financial aid information?

D23 accepted to Newhouse with $30k/year merit. (Two stacked scholarships).

She’s pretty happy. That merit makes it competitive with other offers!

IB Diploma Candidate
4.0/4.6
Rank 1/550
35 ACT
Great ECs largely in area of her intended major.
PT job.

She’s got Northwestern in her inbox but won’t look at it until she gets home from school.

3 Likes

It helps them balance out their class sizes - they know if they have a target class size of 2K kids and a 90% first year retention rate then they’ll have 200 kids leave after freshman year - Allows them to replace them from a partner school/program.

2 Likes

I applied to Falk as my first option and Whitman as my second option and ended up being admitted to an entirely different college (Information studied). Did anyone else receive a similar decision?

1 Like

DS 780M/700V SAT; top 20 of a class of close to 1000. Main EC is being a serious athlete (but not recruitable for Div 1).

He did check that Northwestern email and rejected. But it was expected and probably wasn’t the right fit for him anyway, so he’s not upset!

DD in at Maxwell!

2 Likes

My DD was accepted!

2 Likes

Hi levylynda. Congratulations on the OSU probably decision. As a Nittany Lion that congrats is reluctant though :grinning: but I know from other OSU applicants that FA was pretty good and overall rated above SU anyway although of course everything depends on your major. We are going to Rochester for bio medical pre med. Good luck.

4 Likes

DD accepted with half tuition scholarship!!

6 Likes

My son did …he was waitlisted from Whitman but did select a back up. But wasn’t offered a back up.

1 Like

Good luck to you too! I have good friends that are an all-in Michigan family to they are even more reluctant with their congrats! He got got scholarship (on an already much cheaper base) and honors college there. So happy with that. He did like Syracuse as well - but at least it makes the decision easier :slight_smile:

Yes, I have heard that OSU is really good with FA. We had friends from Buffalo that said it made it less than SUNY Buffalo which is really impressive. We really like SUNY Buffalo Honors too but the small size of UR and close student faculty relations just makes us go that way despite somewhat higher cost. D’s older sister went to UR and loved it. Initially we didn’t think UR was going to work with limited merit but they came through later in the FA national UR grant money. Still wish we had the SU option but waitlist is a waste of time unless it is maybe Harvard.

2 Likes

DS was admitted to the College of Arts and Sciences with a $25,000 merit scholarship (2 stacked scholarships)

weighted GPA was 98 out of 100
SAT 1470 (math 770, verbal 700)
Pre-college program at Syracuse last Summer
Internship as a junior
Hospital volunteer
Three season athlete throughout high school
Works at YMCA

Good luck to everyone with your future decisions and plans! :blush:

2 Likes

congrats! My son also admitted Newhouse (and Whitman , dual major). Just checked and rejected at NU. Good luck to your daughter.

3 Likes

95.5/100 gpa
33 ACT
DECA officer, National finalist and placed 2 in state
CEO, Virtual Enterprise
Student Govt Officer
Seal of Biliteracy
Camp Counselor
Club baseball team
PT job as Umpire

1 Like

Waitlisted Whitman. Same letter with reference to family connection, which I appreciate. I’m an alumni. I’m more disappointed than son. Congratulations to all who got in !

1 Like

Daughter waitlisted at Newhouse. Put A&S as second choice but no word on that.

1 Like

S was accepted to college of arts and sciences. No merit in the acceptance letter itself. Having trouble accessing my slice. For those who received merit, was it in the letter or in your my slice?

1 Like

DD waitlisted for Newhouse.