Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

ACCEPTED TO NEWHOUSE!
Bandier Program and Leadership Scholarship!
Go Orange!!!

3 Likes

That’s baffling. But great options!!

2 Likes

Tell me about it my son was accepted to some pretty competitive schools and even got $100,000 scholarship which is huge, but unfortunately, he was waitlisted at SU no rhyme no reason and I don’t know about this whole yield protection thing

3 Likes

historically the march waves have been one with predominantly waitlists and declines and another date with majority of acceptances. can’t believe this can potentially be dragged out another week as next friday is even after ivy day.

what major?

Yep. There is nothing fair about college admissions (I work in higher ed).

2 Likes

Math

1 Like

Has anyone’s child ever been accepted from waitlist? Just curious.

1 Like

Someone shared this earlier
Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 11.15.07 AM

2 Likes

with the caveat that 5,470 is a typo and it should be 547.

2 Likes

Any idea when waitlist decisions come out? June?

Yes, but what major?

1 Like

Newhouse

Same here! She’s got a bunch of other great options. Love the school that loves you back. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She’s been W/L’d at her top 2, rejected from #3 and waiting on BU tomorrow. Has been a rough ride.

1 Like

BU had 80,400 applicants for 3,100 spots. Insane.

1 Like

D23 accepted to A&S Neuroscience major. Leadership Scholarship 1/2 Tuition, some aid via work study. I think it’s very generous but crunching the numbers & comparing to other offers, may still unfortunately be still too high. Does anyone know if they give extra $ if they get into honors program? Could make a difference.

Stats:
107 weighed avg
32 ACT
12 APs / AP Scholar with Distinction
#5 in grad class of 629
National HS, English HS, Spanish HS
Competitive figure skater & figure skating coach
ECs & volunteer work

2 Likes

Congratulations! But I have to ask - Syracuse can’t be his/her first choice? With those stats? Maybe the ACT is a little low, but the rest is top notch.

Thank you! Yeah she only took ACT once, didn’t push it since so many schools are test optional, but she did report it to Syracuse. Was very high on Northeastern & BU at one point, but east waitlisted at Northeastern and rejected by BC, so not feeling optimistic about BU tomorrow. Good news is she’s getting great offers from other great schools, to include Syracuse
I think the whole Boston thing has lost its luster for her at this point.

Daughter in at Newhouse with a 30K/year merit scholarship! Denied at Northwestern today. 1430 SAT, great ECs (editor in chief, lots of volunteer hours, newspaper internship), essays and LORs. 4.2 GPA which is a little on the low side for her school since kids game the system and she had to take journalism (unweighted class) multiple times for her role on the paper, so her class rank was not as high as it needed to be for NU.

4 Likes