Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

Ah, makes sense. I wasn’t thinking about the students who may have moved to another preferred choice school too.

Move in is next week!! Who is is excited but anxious?!

1 Like

We drive out on Sunday. In the meantime, I’m leaving for a work trip tomorrow, ugh!

Move-in scheduled for Monday (son is doing a pre-welcome program on Tues). Spouse has to be back to teach classes, so is getting on the train that night. Little bro was worried about missing school, so opted to stay back. My son is introverted and nervous about making friends, so I’m staying in Syracuse for a few days and will drive home alone. Maybe I’ll just come home early if he seems comfortable with it…

Spouse and I are like dead men walking the past few days, all mopey and melancholy. Lots of hugs exchanged between us, but we put on brave faces for the kid. Once we get there, I think the energy will feel exciting.

I am still more excited than sad here. My son is now getting more excited. He picked out some posters for decorating which is about the most he has done thus far (he let me choose the rest after he gave me strict absolute no’s about).

He starts the 12 hr drive with dad on Sunday. Im flying out with D25 to meet them and then my ex/their dad is driving D25 home while I stay until after convocation.

Lawrinson Hall. Move in at 9am Tuesday.

1 Like

Also Lawrinson Hall for my daughter! Move in Wednesday, although we leave on Friday for our 15+ hour drive to visit family in update NY. She’s still not packed, lots of stuff in piles in the living room though. I’m more excited than sad at the moment but the car ride home will be another story.

Same. Packing for boys is a bit different I hear. But he still has to choose what clothes he is all taking! 18th floor Law here!

Oh man! Its so hard!! My daughter is also moving in Monday and going on a retreat Tuesday. We are local if I can help you at all! Definitely pm me!

2 Likes

Where is a good bar for parents after convocation Thursday night? :slight_smile:

Great question! I shall certainly need a beverage or 8…lol Where are you staying? Sheraton has a bar, but I assume will be crowded. Dino isn’t too far, nor are the bars on Tipperary Hill (Blarney Stone, Coleman’s). Armory Square is close, Kitty Hoynes is nice and more “adult”. I don’t go downtown too much these days (we live in the northern suburbs) but I’ll ask my younger, cooler friends!

1 Like