Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

It was on a new browser so brought us to a page to click on the app but once you log in it skips that page going forward. Maybe it has always said that.

1 Like

When you originally posted this the other day it did say 3/15. I forwarded the link to my husband and daughter and when they clicked it “Late March” was listed. I wonder if that indicates anything? Like a whoopsie by someone or just a plain mistake and it’s really “Late March”… I have knots in my stomach! Just want these big decisions made so we can move on to freaking out about paying for it!!!

3 Likes

My son turned in his apps to all colleges in October. I believe that for several months his Syracuse portal said “early March” for a decision date, and “late March” for financial aid notice. That’s what I have entered into our spreadsheet. Not too long ago, they changed it to say “late March”. We are dependent on financial aid, so it doesn’t chance much for us anyway.

I have been assuming that the decision date changed because they got more applications than they were expecting. It also sounds like they release decisions throughout March, so I’m hoping my son’s decision isn’t one of the latest. And I agree with you about wanting to just decide and move to the next phase!

1 Like

If you look at last years thread, the bulk were notified on the mid march friday (3/17 this year). A small percentage were notified the fridays prior to that and a small ammout were notified on the last couple of fridays. So the SU has given theselves some wiggle room. College confidential list the mid march date as the one they track.

4 Likes

After I posted that, I also saw on the College Confidential list of expected dates around 3/16 or 3/17 (I can’t remember which) for Syracuse notification so in any case it’s not too far off or at least is sooner than end of March hopefully.

1 Like

Looking at threads for the last couple of years there’s consistent criticism that they release “acceptances” through the first few weeks (including potentially 3/17 & 3/24) - and there may also be some random acceptances into the first couple of weeks of April but the declines and waitlist notifications are done at the very end (3/24, 3/31?). The result is that as we move through the month any applicant that doesn’t hear becomes more and more anxious they’re a decline.

3 Likes

My daughter was admitted on 3/18 last year, and most other peers she knew were admitted on 3/25. I think most rejections came on 3/25, but lots of admissions on that date, too.

2 Likes

Anyone have anything odd on myslice? Under applicant home, the buttons changed and there are only 2. One for financial aid and one that says “Law seat deposit”.

Just checked DS portal - looks the same as it has for months with 7 tiles.

Thanks for checking. Very odd. I am going to have to let it go and not read anything into it. Probably just a glitch. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I don’t want to give false hope, but I saw this happen with a different school and the people with this type of message were accepted.

I heard of this for Pitt and NU, and some schools are using the same software to manage the process.

My fingers are crossed for you!!

just checked ours too and it has 5 tiles…so weird!

1 Like

It’s called “Portal Astrology” - basically the schools need to update the portals before releasing the emails telling people to go in and in some cases people pick up on a nuance of something the day (or hours) before that implies one thing or another (I’ve seen the interpretation as well that it means the people that are getting rejected).

I wouldn’t put too much stock in any of it. Especially now that it’s 3/8 and we should all know good or bad in the next couple of weeks. Patience is a virtue. :slight_smile:

FWIW - I just went into MySlice and on the ellipses (top right) there is an option to personalize the homepage and you can add/remove tiles on your own.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen people obsess over the portal here on CC.

Portal / email changes gave accurate results for us with the NU debacle and also accurate for Pitt.

I’d say we have all been patient. :smile:

2 Likes

So patient! Lol My daughter’s Syracuse one looks the same right now (though we do know she’s in because of that scholarship) but both Geneseo and Stony Brook changed the night before her acceptances. So who knows?! Good luck to all!

2 Likes

And the change was indicative of acceptance (it didn’t change fore the declines as well?)

Interesting on NU and Pitt - the other ones I’ve seen people on here talk about yes, there was a change the day (or hours) before but it was not indicative of an acceptance or decline - it was just a change because they were releasing decisions.

I am sure it is a glitch that means nothing.

I’m not sure? She did get into both Geneseo and Stony Brook. But she still has Binghamton and NYU out so there’s a pretty darn good change of a denial lol. I do keep an eye on those portals and definitely have heard of lots of “astrology” with especially NYU.

2 Likes

I have seen none of my kid’s portals, she didn’t share passwords :joy:. So I wait not so patiently.

1 Like