Syracuse ED for Fall 2023 (Class of 2027)

We are almost at mid December… anyone have inside scoop on when ED announcements will be released? Good luck to all :pray:t2:

1 Like

No idea, but my guess is this Friday, Dec 16. I’m so nervous!

1 Like

The Syracuse website says December 16!

2 Likes

They must have just changed it!!! Thanks!

Wow!! Thanks

1 Like

whats everyone’s major? I’m applying for Whitman as a accounting major

Newhouse for journalism

1 Like

same! I also applying for Whitman as an accounting major, so nervous!

2 Likes

Today my son received an email from the Office of Financial Aid stating that he had incomplete to dos in the My Slice financial aid portal. We did not check off that we are requesting financial aid in the Common Application, but we did fill out the FAFSA.

Did anyone else get the same email? Or have any insight as to what this means in terms of application completeness?

I spoken to FA a couple of weeks ago about submitting certain documents, and they told me that they are indepedent from admissions, so I wouldn’t think that any outstanding items with them would have any impact on application completeness, especially if you aren’t asking for any need-based aid.

im maxwell for political science! so nervous but good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. I called and they confirmed the same.

1 Like

The ED decision will come out Friday the 16th at 5:00pm EST.

2 Likes

This is what the Syracuse Admission webpage now says…

“Note: Early Decision I admission notification is scheduled to begin Friday, December 16, 2022. We’ll continue to notify ED I applicants through January.”

Go here to see it: Application ​Deadlines and Guidance - Syracuse.edu

I wonder about the words “begin” and “continue” in the note on the website. I thought ED1 results were all released at the same time except in rare cases where there are documents that Admissions haven’t had time to upload. This implies they want to release but maybe haven’t read the entire pool of ED1. Interesting wording, guess we will all see.

1 Like

Their wording is definitely weird, they’re probably releasing the decisions in waves

All ED applicants who have handed in the proper forms will receive a decision this Friday at 5pm EST. All other people who forgot a form or left something out of their application will either be contacted via email, or pushed out to the ED2 wave. Thats what they’re implying.

1 Like

good insight…but how do you know that?

Where are you seeing that information on the Syracuse site?

Found it, forget it!

I have heard from a reputable source within syracuse admissions that we will be hearing ED decisions today.

1 Like