Syracuse Waitlist class of 2027

My son received that same letter a little over a week ago and a couple days later, a formal acceptance…but offered no money in that letter… he waited a few days because he was curious to see if any money would be offered (because all along SU was his very first choice)… he then received another letter offering him the Orange Distinction scholarship… he just turned it down and wants to stick with his current acceptance to UConn. which he is thrilled about. So I hope this spot opens up for someone else :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Update: We were all set on U of Oregon, but D27 just received an email offering her an additional $10k/year Orange Distinction Award, on top of the $10k in merit aid she received initially. So the net tuition difference between the two schools is now “only” $8k/year. $8k/year more for a private university versus public (paying out of state tuition rates, which just feels like a rip off, I’ve always preferred private if I’m going to spend that much), but it’s much farther away from home. This is a definite pickle.

2 Likes

Are people still going through this process? It’s June! After giving up on the waitlist and committing elsewhere, receiving financial aid and placing deposits and looking for roommates my daughter was informed by Syracuse that she had been accepted into another program. She reiterated that she was only interested in Newhouse and declined her offer. A week later she has now been accepted into Newhouse. I am thrilled for her but “the offer” is like 30k more than her second choice not to mention I already bought a sweatshirt from the other school…… How can they wait this long?

3 Likes

I think they were pretty tight on early merit offers so they are compensating later. my D got in her first choice (Whitman) in regular admission but was given negligible merit compared to some other schools and declined. I still think she would have chosen the other school anyway( both are private) but SU was at the top before admitted student day.

We are still on the waitlist and haven’t heard anything yet. I’m sure many others are too. They said they will eventually send an email if it is determined that our son isn’t getting off the waitlist, which as time goes on seems like the likely outcome but at this point some closure one way or the other would be welcome.

3 Likes

My daughter just received notification today that she is off the waitlist. We should receive financial info in the next few days it says. I cannot imagine they will offer her close to what she got at her current school but we shall see.

1 Like

Something strange happened today. Our D23 was accepted off the waitlist for A&S on June 1. Indicated interest so we could see if she received merit but didn’t accept because she applied to Newhouse, plus she loves her committed school, Emerson. Out of the blue, today she received a text from Syracuse that they have increased her merit. We just logged in and don’t see anything, but she is locked out from Orange Slice. As a reminder, my spouse and I are both alums.

I’m shocked that my got off the waitlist this morning. For those who have how many days after did you get your aid package?

6 Likes

So happy for your family!!!

1 Like

My daughter got the text yesterday and I am able to see her Financial Aide package tonight through My Slice.

1 Like

Can I ask around what gpa do the recent waitlist accepts have ? I know they say it’s not ranked but it seems like it is so I’m just wondering and trying to gage my dtr chances . Thx. :slight_smile:

That’s great it was so quick, I called financial aid today and they said it takes 5-7 business days for a review, you guys got your aid package in a couple of days?

1 Like

Congrats on the offer. Our aid package took about 9 days or so. I actually had to call to get the information over the phone on day 9 and it posted to the account a few days later. Others have gotten it pretty quickly though. Hopefully given that its late June, they will be quick with yours but ours was definitely a waiting game.

1 Like

We did. It is happening very quickly. She was notified by text on Wednesday and it was in My Slice later yesterday. She did not get an email notification yet but the application portal has also been updated (main screen still says Waitlist but then there is a button saying status change on 6/22). Decision needs to be made by Monday.

1 Like

My daughter has an unweighted 3.994 and long list of extra curriculars, varsity sports and leadership positions. Accepted into 1st choice of Maxwell.

1 Like

They didn’t give you the 10 days they say they have been giving people? Did it say in the letter the date a decision had to be made by?

1 Like

Thank you for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

It said 5 days from the date on the admissions letter (6/22)

1 Like

When we inquired about making the decision after the financial aid delay, SU admissions stated they would extend the deadline.

1 Like

How soon after the initial email did everyone get the official admission letter? My son said yes to the WL offer last Thursday and still no letter. Seems a bit odd since it’s so late in the game

1 Like