Syracuse Waitlist class of 2027

Thank you! Yes my daughter was enrolled in a dual enrollment course with Syracuse her Junior year and has expressed interest since them, surprised that none of that seems to matter now. All we can do is hope for the best! My daughter is currently committed to boulder in Colorado which she likes, but we live in NY so being closer to home is ideal. I hope your son hears back soon, sounds like he deserves it!!

1 Like

My daughter’s last name starts with “E” if that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our son applied to Maxwell too, have you guys by chance heard anything yet?

Knowing that this is not the full breath of the families who accepted a postion on the WL, but I am sensing that the Admissions office is being very selective of who they are offering a spot in the Fall class based on the acceptance melt. My D23’s program is in Arts and Sciences and if spots are being offered to students from other colleges, we are being realistic that she will not be admitted. She did the LOCI that included her new accomplishments and also submitted two more letters of recommendation one from her Senior English teacher and a character reference from her riding instructor plus we submitted a progress report of her 3rd quarter grades. She remained in the top 20% of her class. She also attended any remaining virtual sessions since she was waitlisted and asked questions during each one. She was about to send a note to the Admissions counselor from our region and we also had plans to connect her with a Syracuse Alum, but she was done! I think her mindset flipped after all her efforts and hard work with her academics and said I have done all that I can. We are continuing to move forward with the school she comitted to on May 1 and we do not speak of the ‘S’ school.

4 Likes

I don’t know what more you guys could do. She sounds like a great kid that any school would be lucky to have.

So very kind of you and my sentiments exactly! We all have amazing kids and they will land where they are supposed to be and they will thrive! And this whole process will just be a blip in their lives! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Has anyone heard of anyone getting offers today at all? Just trying to gauge if the first wave of the last two days is over and they are now waiting for decisions from these kids before possibly making additional offers

I have been following this thread since my daughter was also waitlisted. Still haven’t heard anything but hopeful to!

1 Like

As of 10 minutes ago my daughter was just accepted off of the waitlist to the college of Arts and Sciences!! She recieved an email and a text.

5 Likes

That’s great congtats!!!

1 Like

Also was and Sciences the school she applied to?

Son waitlisted for Newhouse. I just wanted to say CuseDad, thank you for the info and positivity. I’ve been watching this thread and I hope your kid gets in!!! (And mine, too. Lol) fingers crossed

2 Likes

As someone else on this thread said they will end up where they are supposed to be and they will thrive. I just hope wherever all of our kids go they are happy, Cuse or elsewhere

3 Likes

My daughter was offered a spot off the waitlist yesterday but was told she had to attend Discovery Program in France. Today they offered her a spot outright at main campus for the fall (or still France if she wants it). College of Arts & Sciences.

6 Likes

That’s great! Nice to have that option.

1 Like

So happy to hear of all the acceptances. Seems to be a lot of girls getting off the waitlist. Any boys? My son had 2 girls in his class offered spots 2 days ago.

A boy in my sons class was offered yesterday; he is apparently not going so hopefully that opens up a spot

Hi- I am new to this thread and trying to catch up! My son is on the Newhouse WL. Congrats to your kid, btw! When did you hear back? I am trying to determine whether I should star steering him to the school he committed too.

Yes it was!

1 Like

She heard back today at around 5pm after being committed to boulder for the past 4 days!

2 Likes