Syracuse Waitlist class of 2027

Your daughter sounds amazing!
I wish my son was ready to move on but he’s not just there yet but he recognizes that this entire process is out of his hands. I do hope all the kids on this thread get in - for our sake!

1 Like

We have heard of some WL offers from Newhouse and arts and sciences but has anyone heard of any offers from Maxwell yet? Is anyone on this forum on the Maxwell WL and waiting to hear?

2 Likes

Friend’s daughter just got in last night for BFA in musical theatre.

2 Likes

Interesting that’s the first from VPA I’ve heard. I guess all the schools really do go at their own pace with WL offers but I’m starting to assume the longer one doesn’t hear anything the worse your chance of getting off the WL, but I suppose that may not necessarily be the case depending on the school.

2 Likes

Forgot to ask you at what point do they expect a deposit? I’m assuming after you get the aid award and by the end of the 10 days?

2 Likes

Yes we need to make the deposit and commit within 10 days.

1 Like

MySlice says no Financial Awards (bummer) but it still doesn’t show the cost of attendance for her. Where can we find that?

This article showed the budget for 2023-24 - Syracuse University 2023-24 Budget to Include Significant Increase in Student Financial Support | Syracuse University News

1 Like

Were you guys expecting any need based aid?

I am honestly not sure.

Anyone hear of any offers today?

We have heard nothing in NYC.

1 Like

I think we might be in a bit of a waiting period for the first wave of kids who got offers last week to accept or decline before they start making more offers. Just a guess

3 Likes

Nothing new on the two I know of [falk and newhouse] who are anxiously awaiting word from CA

1 Like

My son got off from waitlist and got an offer for whitman on May 3rd. We have 10 days to decide.

5 Likes

Did you guys get a separate aid award letter or are you just going by what it says in myslice?

1 Like

We got a letter (email). It matched MySlice.

1 Like

My son got off the WL (Arts & Sciences) this afternoon.

6 Likes

Congratulations. Terrific news!

Awesome congrats!