Tablet PC's

<p>Hello, I have been accepted into the engineering program at Virginia Tech. I am wondering about the Tablet PC's that the engineerng program requires. What would be the best way to get one? Currently, the bookstore does not have any in stock, according to their website. I'm sure they will soon have the newest models in, but I could probably get a good deal on a used one or from another source online (newegg, etc).</p>

<p>Should I get one through the bookstore even if it is more expensive?</p>

<p>I'd appreciate any help. Thanks</p>

<p>Also, are there any specific models you would recommend? Or any other general advice on tablets or the engineering program would be greatly appreciated. I plan on majoring in computer science also.</p>

<p>I'd absolutely buy through the bookstore, and get the 3 year waranty. Most people I know have had to take theirs in for repairs (the motherboards and harddrives die a lot) at least twice in the last three years and being able to just walk over to the bookstore and get it fixed for free is worth a little extra money. The only way I'd buy somewhere else is if you can save more than 3 or 4 hundred dollars.</p>

<p>Advice about the engineering program is pretty broad, but if you've got any specific questions I'll answer them. In general don't get scared away by the freshman classes; they are stupid and boring and pointless but you get to actually do stuff you enjoy once you hit the in-major classes.</p>