Tailgating Question - LSU Game

<p>My LSU game road trip partner is ill and not making the trip with me for the game this weekend. We (me and a few of us CCers) were going to join in her tailgate with her friends. Since my friend is not coming, I don’t think we will do that without her (although we still could).</p>

<p>Trying to come up with an alternate plan. We have game tickets, so we will be going into the game.</p>

<p>I have my own tailgating stuff I could throw in the my car - tent, chairs, table, etc. If I am in T-town early Friday afternoon, what are the odds I can stake out a place on or near the quad? Not even sure we need a place. We want to walk around a bit and see things - but I do have food I was planning to bring - and it would be fun to sit on the quad for a while and take it all in.</p>

<p>What would you all do? Looking for advice from you seasoned tailgaters. I have not been down for a game as crazy as this one is going to be.</p>

<p>We call our set up the “hillbilly tailgate” because we are so tacky. We take a small cooler and put our chairs around it in a circle under trees for shade. We might have a bag of snacks. We buy bar b que sandwiches from vendors on the quad and visit with friends. We set up the morning of the game to stake out our quad space. No one seems to notice how spartan our tailgate is. And we have received comments from more committed tailgaters that our set up is wonderful at take down time!</p>

<p>Thanks SpaceCoastMom. Spartan is good! I don’t mind bringing my EZ up tent there to give us a base - I just don’t want to haul it around for nothing. </p>

<p>How do I know what areas on the quad are the “reserved only” spaces? Anything in the white area is o.k.? </p>

<p><a href=“http://uagameday.com/football/documents/QuadMap2013.pdf[/url]”>http://uagameday.com/football/documents/QuadMap2013.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I have a question too. A little birdie told me that giving out button/pins with the number 16 on them might be considered ill form. Something about a jinx. I, for one, don’t think I yield that kind of power but will follow the advice given here. I’d hate to be responsible for ruining an entire season. So what do y’all think? Do I show up with my already-paid-for pins? (Slippy, you aren’t allowed to answer).</p>

<p>Class2012, you are much more organized than we would ever hope to be! It is easy to tell which areas are reserved because the tents are all the same and staked out very early. Just go for the open spots. Have a great time!</p>

<p>I would keep those pins for the end of this season when you will immediately pass them out with great pride (and timing)!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I want three please.</p>