Take A Chance Take A Chance Chance (UCs)

<p>I am not currently a senior, so lots of this stuff will be guesses, but will give roughly where I will be at my Senior year.</p>

<p>Upper Middle-Class White Guy, Southern California - Good Public School</p>

<p>UC GPA: 3.45</p>

<p>Upward Trend In Grades</p>

<p>SAT: PSAT (As A Sophomore): 176 - So I am guessing with some prep and a course I can get it around high 1900ish - low 2000ish.</p>

<p>AP’s & Honors: 6 Honors (Only 2 are UC weighted honors) & 3 APs completed by end of high school.</p>

<p>SAT II: Guessing Good US History - Average / Slightly Above Average Math 2c</p>

<p>ECs: 1 Year Frosh BBall - 2 Years JV Tennis - 2 Years Varsity Tennis
Church Stuff
(As a total probably a little above average)</p>

<p>Essays: Will Probably be slightly above average.</p>

<p>Teacher Recs: Probably slightly above average.</p>

<p>Volunteering: Probably around 80 hours - Mission trip to Dominican Republic to build house gave me 40 hours.</p>

<p>Well, lots of that is a guess. That’s where I will roughly be soon.</p>

<p>Tentatively, I plan to major in business.</p>

<p>What are my chances for UCs, and maybe upper CAL States?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>1) Take your SAT's already! Omg. I waited until May, and that was not a good experience.
2) You don't need teacher recommendations for UC's or Cal States.
3) Make sure you sign up for more AP classes for senior year. UC's will look at the strength of your senior class schedule when deciding your admission.</p>

<p>It's too hard to say what UC's you will get into, after my own experience this year.... If it helps any, my stats are:</p>

<p>UC GPA: 3.42
SAT 1: 2020 (720 CR, 690 W, 610 M)
SAT 2: 710 Physics, 650 lit, 640 U.S.
ACT: 30 Comp</p>

<p>AP courseload + scores:
Junior year: AP Art History (3), AP U.S. (4).<br>
Senior year: AP Economics (?), AP Psychology (?), AP Physics B (?), AP Lit (?)
And like 4 more honors classes.</p>

<p>Essays: Truthfully, I think it was the deciding factor in my admissions to UCD and UCSB. I would NOT have gotten in without them (I'm not trying to brag, they were actually the best things I've ever written, but with MUCH MUCH thanks to my English teacher and friends for reviewing and helping me revise them. I owe them everything). </p>

<p>EC's: 3 years of tennis (2 JV, 1 Varsity)
4 Years of speech and debate</p>

<p>Major: Psychology</p>

<p>Accepted: UCD, UCSB, UCR, Cal Poly Pomona
Rejected: UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly SLO
Waiting still: UCI</p>

<p>So, I think that your OK for UCD, UCSB, UCI, UCR, UCSC, UCM.<br>
Reach for UCLA, UCSD, UCB. </p>

<p>But hey, who knows. Just work on your SAT scores, and finish STRONG for your Junior year, and sign up for those AP's!!!</p>

<p>GOOD LUCK!</p>

<p>Just dont take too many APs your Senior year or you might not pass one. Take as many as YOU KNOW you can handle. </p>

<p>With those scores you have the lower tier UC's and a low reach/high match for the mid tier UCs, if you can get your SAT's up and Gpa to about a 3.5, you will have the mid tier UCs more in sight. I think the top tier UC's will be a reach for you no matter what you do. </p>

<p>Just be aware that if next year is like it was this year (though I doubt this to be the case) your scores will likely only get you to the lower tier UC's as 1200 people with 4.0's got rejected from Davis this year). The budget cuts are supposed to take effect next year, so we will see what happens.</p>

<p>Mmm~</p>

<p>I'd say low/mid-tier UCs as a guess.
Your stats are on the low side. Get that GPA up! Lol. :] And more APs would be extremely nice.
Also, no leadership in your ECs? :/</p>