Take a gap year????

<p>I was just wondering if students admitted for Fall 2010 at Purdue could take a year off and figure out stuff and hence enter the school in Fall 2011?</p>

<p>I am not sure if I am ready for college yet and I just want to know if the admission offer can be extended for the next year???</p>

<p>Any ideas??</p>

<p>I don’t think they defer students. You would probably have to attend a local CC to re-enter unless you have a legitimate medical excuse.</p>

<p>Entering a CC just kills the point! I just want a year leave so that I am not one of those who give up on engineering after freshmen year!!!</p>

<p>I am not fixed on taking a gap year…I love Purdue and everything but if I could just take a gap year after HS it would be awesome!</p>

<p>Hey,if I don’t go to Purdue in Fall 2010 (even though I have accepted their offer) and reapply for Fall 2011…would they hold that against me???</p>

<p>Not sure about that. For stuff like that it’s best to call the Office of Admissions, since you accepted the offer it becomes important to know the right answers.</p>