Take a look at my majors please?

<p>Can someone look at my majors and tell me if they look ok? As in are any of the majors I picked impacted at their respective schools? Or do any of the majors not fit in with that school’s strong suit? Or even worse are any of the majors I picked that school’s weak point? I know I should research it myself. The only things I"m sure of is of UCSB’s aquatic Bio program, and UCSD’s Communications/Poli Sci programs.</p>

<p>Any suggestions on how I should switch the majors around so that I apply to the best school for that major?</p>

<p>I realize that I can change the majors later and that it’s not that important, but I’d like to save myself the trouble.</p>

<p>Davis: Environ Pol Analysis & Plan *Backup: English *</p>

<p>Irvine: Literary Journalism *Back up: Political Science * </p>

<p>Merced Earth Sys - Ecosystem Sci Back Up:History - United States</p>

<p>Riverside Poli Sci/Intl Affairs Back Up: Creative Writing </p>

<p>San Diego Poli Sci: Int’l Relations Back up: Poli Sci: Public Law </p>

<p>How do these colleges look for International Relations and Political Science?</p>

<p>COLLEGE RANKINGS FOR UCSD </p>

<p>1) Marshall
2)ERC
3)Warren
4)Revelle
5)Sixth
6)Muir</p>

<p>**Santa Barbara **Aquatic Biology(pending completion of Pre-requisites) *Back up: Communication * </p>

<p>Santa Cruz Chemistry: Environmental Back up:Anthro: Archaeology</p>

<p>Are you saying that if you go to UCSB you plan to major in Aquatic biology, if you go to Riveside you plan to major in Poly Sci, International affairs, but if you go to Irvine you plan to major in Literary Journalism?</p>

<p>I think you should do these based on your likes. None of those majors looks impacted, so doing this is not exactly going to help you. Whether or not a school is 'good' at a certain major shouldn't affect you if you really want to go, and it shouldn't really affect you at all because the nasty tidbit about USNews rankings is that they rank graduate programs, not undergraduate, and aside from a professional undergraduate major, there shouldn't be a significant difference in the quality or how "good" a degree in X major is with respect to another from a certain school.</p>

<p>To MidwestMom2Kids_:</p>

<p>That's exactly what I'm saying.</p>

<p>heh yes I realize that there's a bit of a range as far as fields of study are concerned. That's because at this point I'm still pretty unsure on what I want to major in, so all those majors are in subjects that interest me. Which doesn't really mean if I get into school A, then I will only major in major A</p>

<p>To Peppers</p>

<p>Ok thanks, so why the big hooha about picking a major at the right school?</p>

<p>I think the idea is to make sure the schools you apply to have a good range of your interests within their available majors.</p>

<p>I think its the "right school" thats more of an issue. If you get into Harvard, but you know you'll be miserable there, and would rather go to UC Riverside, it would be much more conducive towards your future if you go where you like. Pick a campus not based on its major, but whether or not you're going to picture yourself there for 4 years, enjoying every minute of it. After all, a 4.0 from Riverside is still going to look a lot better than a 2.0 from Harvard (then again...)</p>