Taking courses out-of-campus

<p>Hi all,
I am planning take course from UW-Colleges Online for the summer semester and transfer them but they are quite limited to for the summer courses. I was wonder if there are any other online instutions that I can take the course online and transfer? or any other ideas? thanks..</p>

<p>You can take classes at many of the UW system colleges and easily transfer the credits. They tend to offer many more summer school classes than UW-Madison that help fulfill requirements. Check the registrar’s site of the UW site for details. You can find out in advance how many UW-Madison credits you can get for other UW campus courses. You can also find out the transferablity of many other schools’ courses. The only problem can be a school giving first choice to its degree students, ie a course can fill up before you get your chance to register. However, people change their plans and openings could occur just before the course starts. It is easy to get accepted for summer courses as a nondegree student if you are a UW-Madison student and the “paperwork” is minimal. Good way to get some breadth requirements out of the way, especially in claases where the caliber of the course isn’t important. Therefore, if you live reasonably close to a UW campus you can take a course there and live at home. Likewise OOS students can take local courses in their home state. You have to get the credits transferred to UW-Madison before you graduate for them to count towards your UW-Madison degree. You may also need to pay attention to the last 60 credits at UW-Madison rules.</p>