Taking the same UH Class more than once

<p>Is it possible to take more than one UH class, for example taking 2 of the UH 210 classes(of course different CRN, so different subject) and be given credit for both classes?
If yes, how are the classes differentiated on a transcript or in Degree Works? </p>

<p>DS likes 2 classes, both UH 210. If he decides to take both of them, will the 2 classes satisfy both 6 semester hours of Fine arts and 6 semester hours of honors?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Yes it is…my son is taking his 2nd UH 155 class right now…he took UH 155 International War Crimes 1st semester and is taking UH155 Judicial Procedure right now…not sure about the transcript presentation but on Degree works they are listed as described above (class #, class description).</p>

<p>And yes to your 2nd question as well, my son is getting 6 Honors hours and 6 Humanities hours from these classes :)</p>

<p>That is great! Now if DS can just get into one of them for Fall 2013.</p>

<p>That’s what we’re hoping, too. Son has finally found an honors class that will fulfill both honors and humanities that he’s not only interested in, but so far, will fit in his schedule.</p>

<p>Crossing fingers that classes won’t change around.</p>

<p>One more year left and trying to get those last honors and humanities in!</p>

<p>Be careful about taking more than two of the same course designation (e.g. UH 210) even if the courses themselves are completely different. </p>

<p>Son was not aware of this and was told by the Honors College registrar that he took three UH 210 courses (different CRN/subjects) but was not allowed to do so. He wanted to fulfill both Fine Arts/Humanities (for Engineering) and Honors College requirements in one class, and he needed 3 courses (9 credits) to do so. Had he known prior, he would have planned his schedule differently. She advised him to contact someone from the registrar’s office for a work around, and luckily he was able to get credit for the third UH 210 course.</p>

<p>It’s good to know about the 2 times limit. I am glad that it worked out for your S sophocles. Thanks for sharing!</p>