TAMU 2022 parent questions and answers

Wow that’s crazy. @aggieviz what does White Creek look like right now?

That’s great @AggieViz there may still be hope for the Thursday people. But by Friday, I doubt Hullabaloo will have any rooms left.
@AggieMomhelp that’s confusing how your son’s roommate has a Sept. housing date and got Friday@1:00 and my roommate has an October date and got Friday @ 9:00. I thought they were supposed to go in order of the official time stamp on the housing application. It’s weird with my late January date that I would have a Friday@ 1:00 time the same as September people. It seems unfair to the early students if their not honoring the stated rules. I never personally expected to get an early time but I was counting on my roommates 10/3 date. A few years back if a person with an early date linked up with someone with a late date. The early person had to step out of line verses now they drag the late roommate to the front of the line. I know I’m benefiting from the change, but it doesn’t seem right.

I can’t check White Creek, but it seems like there are still spots open for Hullabaloo!!

I am beginning to think they use a formula using the admitted date and the housing date. It also has to do with if you put housing app in within 30 days of acceptance. I am excited about Hullabaloo. DS roommate has a 1:00 Thursday time.

My time slot was at 5pm today and I checked around 6 pm and the room area of the housing portal isn’t accessible to me. Did I miss my chance?? It says no room selection timeslot has been set. But an email I got said I’d get my assignment today at 9 am (which I think I did) and the rooms section would open at 5 pm.

Also - someone requested me to room with them today and I accepted. Will we have to change rooms in order to room together? I’m confused about how it works. It says for example I’m in DORM-F07-A1 and it shows who’s “A-2”, so is that my roommate for now? Because it’s not who I accepted - though I only accepted her today so I know it wouldn’t be immediate.

I just checked this group I joined on Facebook called Texas A&M Class of 2022 Parents & Families. A lady on there posted at 2:00 today that all of the Hullabaloo quads are now gone. She said there are a few singles/doubles left. That’s good news for the Thursday @ 9:00 students! @AggieViz thanks for checking and all the updates. If you see anything new please let us know.

@likeclockwork48 that all sounds so confusing! I have no idea of what to tell you. I haven’t even made it that for in the process yet. My date is on Friday I didn’t even know they were giving out 5:00 time-slots. Maybe some of the moms on here may have advice for you. It’s too late to call housing, but they open @ 8:00 in the morning. Good luck and keep us posted.

@likeclockwork48 If you accepted a roommate you should have been able to pull her into your room with you at your assigned time, if the room had 2 spots.

@AggieMomhelp there are plenty of rooms at white creek. I’m still currently alone in a 4x2 apartment on the first floor. There are so many empty and partial rooms left

Thanks @newaggie22 My son has a total of 4 so it may be tough later to find a 4 slot open. They will probably end up in 2 modulars. I hope those are still open!!!

@AggieMomhelp after today’s timeslot there are still pleanty of open rooms between the 3 buildings, especially if they’re open to both the 4x2 and 4x4 style.

@AggieMomhelp Assuming you want north side modular, there are currently at least 20 rooms with both beds open in Neeley; few in Hobby; about 10 in Haas; 1 in McFadden; and a couple in Clements. Hullabaloo has some with 3 beds open but no doubles with both beds open or 4-suites with all 4 beds open.

@“mdavis’86” thanks for the above update! Do you happen to know if the 3 bed openings you are seeing in Hullabaloo are male or female suites?
If female suites are still available, about how many are you seeing?

Wow I can’t believe Modulars are filling up so fast too. UGH. There’s still one more round before my son tomorrow. Oh well… at least he’ll have a bed! = )

Are the south side modulars as full already?

@kwstang18 Sadly it looks like the 5 remaining Hullabaloo 4-person suites with 3 open beds are all male, but I get an error trying to look at rm 441, so not sure about that one.

@ke06 Appelt (all male) has more than 60 vacant rooms = 2 open beds (I stopped counting), Eppright has about 60, Wells about 30. There are also lots of rooms in all these that have 1 open bed.

@mdavis’86 thanks so much for checking

@mdavis’86 You’re the best! Thank you so much for the updates!

Wow housing was brutal this morning…modulars are most full unless you are in a LLC or Honors ( which seriously is annoying for the rest of the world) DD & roomie were not able to get anything in a mod on Northside. Snagged one of the few double left in a southside mod. God forbid you have a later time slot AND have a roomie!

Well crap. That’s not good news.