TAMU- 2024 After you've been accepted... questions and answers

My daughter got an email last week saying that she won’t even be considered unless she commits to staying at the Honors dorms. Since she is already in Engineering Honors and has a non-honors roommate already, she declined the offer to be considered.

@2020Outlook I just read on one of the other forums that Phase 3 for housing opens up tomorrow and will remain open for one month. This is the phase where the students select their roommates.

Thank you! Ours still just says, “Phase II Complete , Phase III will open in March. You will receive more information about the roommate selection process as we get closer to that time.” He hasn’t received any more information yet.

Daughter called Housing yesterday and they told her Phase 3 opens 3/16. But not sure how true that is…

@atxmom512 Phase 3 closes on 3/6 for existing students so that could be

@pbleigh For the students on campus now who plan to stay on campus next year…is friday the last day for them to chose a room? Actually, this is what res life says, but I’m surprised room selection doesn’t stay open through the summer for those who have renewed. Thanks for your help

@2020Outlook BTW…just read on one of the other threads that Phase 3 for housing is experiencing a little technical issues and may be delayed from opening up for 24-48 hours.

@Eggscapgoats Yes friday is the last day for them to choose a room. If they have not done so by then, the contract is cancelled.

Thanks, we still have not received any emails regarding when Phase III is supposed to start, or how the roommate selection process works.

i recieved an email yesterday sayibg that phase 3 is opening today at 9am. I didn’t choose any LLC buildings in my preferences and my first choice wasn’t a Honors Housing Community but it says I can’t participate in Roommate selections at this time? I also called the housing office and no one picked up. is anyone else having that problem?

We received the email about Roommate selection/Phase 3 this morning but have been unsuccessful in terms of accessing the site. We keep getting an error message that the server is busy and try back again later.

TAMU states explicitly that desire to be in the Corps serives

Are you joining the Corps? I believe they also don’t participate in the roommate selection .

How long does it take for the cute lil banner to come in the mail and the hard copy of the acceptance letter? It’s been over 2 weeks for me. thanks

We had to try several times, but were able to get in. The server was busy, but we have logged into Phase III (roommate selection), several times now.

Question: How do students cancel an NSC after they’ve already registered for it? My son is going to decline his TAMU admission, but he wants to cancel the NSC that he registered for first. He doesn’t see the option to do that in Howdy or in AIS. He emailed TAMU, but the answer they gave wasn’t for the question that he asked, LOL! So, hoping someone here will have an answer.

Did you guys decide on UT? I’m taking my daughter there tomorrow for a campus visit, but I can’t imagine her changing her mind from TAMU.

scratch that. She called this morning and they have canceled all tours.

How can I go about doing this? Will I need to formally accept offer of admission and register for NSC before doing so? Not sure if I will attend just yet (most likely will), but want to make sure I will have on-campus housing if at all possible

In response to my own post since I can’t edit it: my current dilema is I placed a tuition deposit down on my state school a week or so ago as I was waitlisted from my top choice. The waitlisted school informed that they wouldn’t make any decisions before May 1st, meaning I would need to make plans elsewhere.

As of just today, I am strongly considering A&M again but want to know if I would have to withdraw that deposit and admittance all together to make a deposit towards A&M housing specifically. Thanks so much and I appreciate any assistance!

In Howdy, there is a housing portal. Your Howdy login/password will get you in. You do not need to register for NSC first. This just gets you in line for housing. You will lose the $75 if you decide to go elsewhere, but I think that’s fairly normal.