TAMU- 2024 After you've been accepted... questions and answers

I heard a rumor today that all Northside modulars only have single spots still available, but to my understanding dorm choices only started this Tuesday. Does anyone know if this is true??

@sbec13 I follow some Aggie parent pages in facebook and that is what I have heard as well. We do not sign up for a dorm until Tuesday and my daughter is with a roommate and they kinda need to be on northside bc of their majors. It’s very frustrating. Praying for the best.

My daughter and her roommate picked their dorm on Thursday (yesterday) and that’s correct. Only single spots were left in Northside modulars and Hullabaloo. They got into a southside modular. My daughter said her roommate checked again today and not much had changed.

Just to help y’all not worry so much about north vs. south… this is a small journey across campus. We’re talking a maximum 15 minute walk. AND majors are irrelevant. You’ll maybe have one class in your major your freshman year. Most classes are centrally located. Both South and North have eating areas and a lot of positives. So really try not to get hung up on where, it’s more important on the who.

@AggieMomhelp So would you say that a freshman business major on southside wouldn’t have an unreasonable treck to business school? Would they even have that many classes in business school? The other roommate is a BIMS major. They both think southside would be so far. Thanks for your help!!

Housing question- My Freshman son will be in Aston, in the Engineering LLC. Matched up with a roommate in Phase 3, got room assignment on Friday, and now after two days the roommate has decided to go to Tech (near his house). Is there a way to find a new roommate match for my son, or is he just potluck now?

Hi, I have a housing question. So I applied for housing and got “temporary housing.” I was told that this was because rooms filled up by March 1st itself. I just wanted to know what temporary housing means and if there’s a chance that I could be placed into permanent housing. Also, when do we get information on when/where we are for housing? I’m going to be a freshman at TAMU and all of this college application processes are new to me and my family. Thank you for any information you have! I truly appreciate it!

Hi. I don’t get to choose my room until May because I did my housing contract late. I wanted to live in a balcony hall. Does anyone know how fast these fill up?

Course selection for freshman …

We are trying to see what courses are available, recommended, or required to take by freshman, but can’t seem to find a place with all courses listed (like a catalog). How do you find what courses to take for freshman? Thanks.

My daughter signed up for a Northside Modular the first day that freshman could sign up at 9am and had no problem getting one with her preferred roommate.

Is it too late to sign up to live at White Creek or does anyone know if it is already full?

Too all above:

White creek doesn’t typically fill up. Especially if you are just one person looking for room and have no preference on bedrooms/bathrooms.

Temporary housing usually end up in perm. housing as it becomes available.

For courses… google tamu degree plan or tamu course catalog. Should take you there. Then select by college and then degree. There are a coupe of tabs within the degree plan. The overview pops up first. Then to the right of that tab, should be the tab for degree plan. From there it will break up by semester OR just classes to take. There are links on each course to show you the description or a list of courses in that section (like for sciences or communications or creative arts for example) If you need further help, let me know and i can message you.

Balcony halls do not fill up typically. But nothing is typical right now and many could want less expensive dorms.

Mays is on west campus. White creek is the closest. They may have one course there per semester for now. Econ is also on west side as is Ag stuff. SOOOOO many buses though that will get them to where they need to be. super simple.

@AggieMomhelp Thanks for your help!

@ATTX This is the link to the course catalog. credentials-inc.com
There is a button to print it in the righthand corner.

For your freshman classes try searching by your major for a curriculum. For instance, this is the one found online for psychology.
https://liberalarts.tamu.edu/psychology/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/03/Fall2020-General-BS-Degree-Guide-.pdf

@AggieMomhelp. Thanks for the catalog information. I found the catalog, unfortunately, I think it’s still too early because it still only shows 2019-2020 catalog … will wait till towards end of May and check again.

@ATTX I would think most of what you would take as a Freshman would have the same course numbers and description to get you started :slight_smile:

Agree with @AggieDreamin degree requirements don’t change much. Especially in first couple of years.

Does anyone know if Hullaballoo has sold out yet or if its still available? If not, what are the next best dorms on campus?