TAMU- 2024 After you've been accepted... questions and answers

@icedmachiato No, we had one paper test with answers we printed off from on line, but the 4-5 tests she took were completely on line. She could choose from timed or not timed. This is from TAMU’s website: “You can access web-based MPE4 practice exams by logging in to your Howdy Portal. Navigate to the Applicant tab and follow the instructions for the Math Placement Exam. Engineering students can take up to five web-based practice exams, and there is no waiting period between each practice exam.”

My daughter got some AWESOME news today! She had initially been offered and accepted the Engineering Academy at Blinn back in February. But she got a call today offering her full admission for engineering! She was so excited!!! Whoop!

That’s amazing! So happy for y’all!!!

That’s great, YankeeTexan !!! Congratulations:-)

My son changed his major from Engineering to Physics 2 days ago. We are really happy, too.

Who knows, maybe kids who’s changing( last minute) from engineering to different major is helping other kids getting into their places? I know of 3 students changing from engineering to different major and I see some people saying their kids got the phone call. Doesn’t really matter, what’s important is that everyone is happy :slight_smile:

I’m really happy for your daughter, YankeeTexan, I know how we all tried to cope with overwhelming feeling and waiting for response and now we all know where our kids are.

It is also possible that with all of the uncertainty around the fall that a bunch of people are going to take a gap year.

Yes, either of those situations could be opening up spots on the main campus. All I know is that my daughter was super excited to start full time at A&M!!!

@BattlinBillie2020 Now that he’s been in there a bit, how does he like that LLC? Is it active? Does the Geoscience LLC add a lot I the way of connection, since the program itself is so small? Other thoughts? Interested in feedback for my daughter likely to join next year.