TAMU- 2024 After you've been accepted... questions and answers

@kkduss

Relax, I know for a fact that there are multiple waves of decisions.

123VCA have you checked your financial aid portal in Howdy? Be sure to change the period from 2019-20 to 2020-21 and click on Awards. We were pleasantly surprised last week by 2 unexpected scholoarships. Haven’t heard anything about Engineering specifically.

@JoeinNC , how did your visit to TAMU go? Is it still your son’s dream school? Have you gotten any info on scholarship money? I grew up in NC and went to NCSU so I feel a kindred spirit with anyone from NC!

Are Northside or southside modular dorms closest to engineering buildings , or are they about the same ? Also , are McFadden and Lechner open to students not in honors ? Thanks !

For those of you have recently been admitted can you please share what kind of NSC dates you are getting? I am trying to figure out how far into the summer they are currently scheduling. My daughter is awaiting word on her transfer application. Thanks!

Nsc dates are open throughout the summer. They are already set. People sign up based on their major (some aren’t available every nsc). Also, classes don’t fill up leases on how early you go or don’t go. The school opens up sections to the common freshmen classes as needed. Your student will get at least 12 hours without worry.

Now, they could be 8am classes, just kidding. There are some classes that even my sophomore student couldn’t get. Com 203 and com 243. And then some Econ classes. It just depends on popularity. So everyone stresses about this part and it’s the easiest part of the whole thing during nsc. Pinky promise.

Nsc dates should be listed on Tamu website. Go see which ones fit your summer schedule and of course if your major will be there.

@AggieDreamin the only one not showing up for registration is June 23-34.

@AggieMomhelp Thanks! We are trying to schedule out summer activities and this is the missing piece ? Hopefully will find out soon so we can lock something in.

@AggieDreamin My son got Aug18-19 as NSC dates. As he is an international student I would think that this is the latest possible as this is very close to start of the school year. For us very convenient.

@AggieMomhelp As you mentioned in one of your previous posts, your son got admitted into ECON, where he transfered later on into Mays. My son too got accepted into ECON and not into his 1st major at Mays. Can you give me more info about this? Did your son transfer after his 1st year or 2nd year ECON? What are the classes he took while in ECON that qualified for transfering into Mays? This info will help my son to register for the right courses (keeping the door to Mays open).

@kasper0137

Freshman classes will be all over the main campus, so its hard to say what dorm will result in the least walking. Some of the upperclassmen engineers end up having many of their classes in Zachary, but thats not the case for the freshman. But I will add, it appears that Hobby/Nealy are closest to Zachary, but not by much.

Whether McFadden and Lechner have rooms available to non-honors depends on how many honor students they end up with. If there are not enough honor students, those rooms are made available to everyone (this is what ResLife told me last year).

It might be helpful locating the dorms on the map to get a feel for where they are.

https://www.tamu.edu/map/index.html

@Dutchie2024 I sent you a private message with some intel. Let me know if that helps.

@AggieMomhelp I’d love to hear your info as well

@TXRunningMom He loved it. Very impressed with the facilities and opportunities. He interviewed for a Navy ROTC scholarship while there, and if he gets it he’s definitely going to Texas A&M. His stats are good and he said the interview went well. Now we play the waiting game a little longer. Haven’t checked the scholarship/financial aid portal yet to see if he has anything else. We’ll do that this weekend. He’s out and about right now (seems like we hardly see him anymore), but he knows we’re checking the portal probably on Saturday.

We stayed at the hotel on campus (Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center) and explored as much as campus as possible. We even went to the basketball game last Saturday before our plane left for home.

ADVICE NEEDED:

One of my children has been offered the following for this coming school year:

Waitlist & Team

Team

or Waitlist Only.

Does anyone know how each decision affects his ability to be in the BUSINESS program and how he would learn more about the benefits of each option, in gaining the degree he would like to pursue?

I am assuming the option he should choose, would depend on which would help secure his degree program.

Any insight/resources/personal experiences I can share with him about options would be greatly appreciated.

How does he learn more about all of this?

Also guessing the sooner the later for the waitlist option. Has anyone ever done this and got full admission.

He does have quite a big of DUAL CREDITS to transfer in, if that matters.

Thanks & GIG EM

@Aggiegirl94 FAQ: https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM#e3wwxx3eozj4

I would have him consult with business school adviser with your concerns/questions.

Take both offers to be on the waitlist. Mays offers Team admission. I’ve had several friends go this route. Set them up nicely.

my OOS daughter was offered admission and also received Lechner Scholarship yesterday. However that is only $2500 and she would need $4k to qualify for in-state tuition waiver. Honestly, I can’t even find 4k on the website. Any chance she will get another offer or do we need to cross off A&M from our list?

@UpstateSCmom
How did you find out about the scholarship? My son should have $3500 from Spanish Merit award so he just need $500 more to qualify in- State waiver. I am eager to find out if he get any more.

Another question, My son will need to have 3.5 GPA to renew scholarship every year. My son is going to College of Engineering. realistically, how hard is it to maintain 3.5 GPA at Texas A&M.

When will students get results of University Honors applications?