TAMU and NMF?

I’m having trouble understanding the automatic merit awarded for NMF at TAMU. The tables here:
https://scholarships.tamu.edu/Scholarship-Programs/National-Scholars#0-NationalMeritScholars
make it seem like the guaranteed amount is essentially 10.5K for 4 years. And then it sounds like OOS will be given the OOS tuition waiver, so that amount should cover tuition. Is this correct? Are there other scholarships that often come into play? Other scholarships are mentioned on that page, but I’m unclear about how much or how likely it is to receive them.

Yes, the award for NMF will automatically trigger the OOS tuition waiver, so it essentially covers tuition. In my experience, most NMF are awarded additional small scholarships, usually by departments - $1000 to $4000.

OK, thanks!!

NMF also can compete for the Craig and Galen Brown Scholarship which will cover room and board in addition to tuition.

Ah, thanks. I read about the Brown scholarship in a different thread, but when I went directly to their own site, I couldn’t find the actual amount. What a great deal if you can get that as well!